Customer Portal - Profile restrict display/update of image

With GDPR looming, we would like to restrict the ability of our external customers to upload an image in their profile. Is there a setting we can enable to disable this?

Similarly we would want to display but disable the update of it profile image on the Service Portal, as this is populated by the LDAP Import Tool from AD.

Cheers

Martyn

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@James Ainsworth, @Steven Boardman

WIth GDPR at the fore front, we really need the ability to disable the option for customer portal users to display/update their profile image. 

Also, I still need to know where this is stored in the database so as a workaround I can clear down the images which have already been uploaded.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

Maybe this is too restrictive, but there is a setting that prevents all changes to the contact's profile.

guest.anonymous.portal.core.profileupdate

I don't believe that the images are held in the database.  These will be stored in a folder or area that is on your instance.  

Regards,

James

@James Ainsworth

Thanks for the reply, indeed we do want customer to maintain their contact information, so if a feature request can be raised to allow the removal and restriction of updating the contact profile image only.

Also is there a reason/context why the setting mentions anonymous, or is this something I should not worry about? ;-)

If the profile images are stored on the file system, how do we go about getting these cleared down for contacts? Would we raise a support request to do this?

Cheers

Martyn

• 2 weeks later...