help required with boards.

lee mcdermott

Hi,

i hope someone can point me in the right direction. When we went live a year ago I setup some SLA breach boards.

When incidents hit these levels of breach they are automatically added to the board and then automatically moved along the lists.

However I cannot for the life of me remember how and where I configured this? I have checked the BPM and it doesn't appear to be configured here.

Any ideas anyone?

Below is also the timeline of the call being moved on the breach list as part of the calls timeline.

Maybe the breach board was a system board already setup? I can't remember?

Also as part of this the breached list has over 700 calls on it most of which are closed

1. Is there a way to deleted all the closed ones from the list in bulk? trying to delete nearly 700 individually will take forever.

2. is there a way to automatically delete a call from the list when it is closed?

boards sla breach.JPG

timeline for breach.JPG

Hi @lee mcdermott the add to boards will have been configured as part of your escalation actions in your service level timers.

image.png

What i would recommend is also adding a remove from board node to your business processes which are running SL's.  This will ensure on closure that all requests are removed from your breach board, irrespective of if they have been added or not - it will progress silently if they have not been added to the board (ie they did not need to be escalated)

image.png

Not sure there is an option for mass removing from the board for the existing 700 i'm afraid

Steve

@Steven Boardman

thanks steve. I had actually checked the sla's as i thought it was in there but couldn't find that bit (it is buried away slightly)

Yes I will update the BPM to do a delete from board.

If I delete the list called Breached which has 700+ on it and recreated it so it is blank do you think the current escalation actions will continue to work by adding calls to the List called Breached (if it has been deleted and recreated with the same name)?

@Steven Boardman

Actually steve are you able to answer the following. I have updated my BP to remove calls from the breached SLA board so thats all good.

However I was asked a while ago - we use a number of other boards for undertaking site visits  - as we are up in Northumberland we have quite a large geographical area to cover so we have boards that cover different areas within the county - if a call needs a site visit it gets added to the relevant board. The query was when those calls are closed can they automatically be removed from the board they are on?

Obviously from your example above it can but that is specifying a particular board. As the call could be on any board is there a generic automatic task that will just remove the call from any board it is a memeber of?

Can you leave the board name as Auto so it would remove from any board it is on? 

lee

@lee mcdermott at the moment there is no business process option to remove a request from all boards which it is linked to, you do have to specify the one you which to remove it from.  

Your use case example is a good one and i have asked that we create a business process option which will allow the removal of a request from any boards it is linked to (without having to specify which boards these are).  

As this story progresses we will update this post in regards to timeframes for it's availability

Steve