Missing Service Manger from our instance

RyanMesser

Hi,

Odd thing today has happened where I can't see Service Manager as an application to go to in the live portal and manually going to /requests is giving me a 404. I've got Super User role and service desk admin and can usually see the request list/services list. I've tried removing and re-adding permissions but a 404 looks more like an server issue to me?

Any ideas?
image.thumb.png.c51508e94ca389ee8c1e4641a3adf6d7.png

@RyanMesser @Lyonel

Apologies for this, we are currently investigating the issue as soon as we have any further update i will let you both know.

One thing i did find while recreating this is if you change the URL once logged in from https://live.hornbill.com/INSTANCE/ to https://beta.hornbil.com/INSTANCE/ i could load SM correctly, this might be a workable temporary solution while we work on the underlying issue.

Kind Regards

Trevor killick

@RyanMesser

SAML only kicks in if your not authenticated so hitting live.hornbill.com first and logging in then switching the URL "should" keep you logged in. 

We are working to get this resolved as soon as possible, i cannot guarantee anything but i would like to think it would be resolved before tomorrow morning. 

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

@RyanMesser @Lyonel

We found the root cause of the issue, one of our Redis Caches decided to have a headache, i will get a more technical explanation tomorrow. 

For now i have confirmed Service Manager is loading correctly again from live.hornbill.com, please do let me know if this is not still the case. 

Again Apologies for the this inconvenience caused. 

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

• Thanks 1

As promised the more technical response regarding this issue:

Each Application running on Hornbill has a single file that describes its self what rights are needed and what views are available, we found on Sunday that the version of this file for Service Manager that was sat in our Redis Cache was empty. This only effected build 1150 and only effected Service Manager, once we cleared the cache it was rebuilt with the correct content and effected customers could once again view the Service Manager Icon.

We are currently taking steps to prevent the caching of an empty file and do more stringent checks on this file in particular when we try and load it out of the cache.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick 

• Like 1