Amending Service Level - you are able to amend it to null and remove timers

Martyn Houghton

Whilst checking on some anomalies in our SLA reports, where 'Within Fix' and 'Within Response Time' are reporting as 'Not Set', we have discovered it is possible to amend the Service Level on a request by selecting only the from 'Available Service Level Agreements'.

image.png.b0f5bae2a6b4e4c4d7197d40c04e5c3a.png

Only have to select from the 'Available Service Level Agreements'  and complete the mandatory 'Reason' field. 'Service Level' is not mandatory. Surely this should be mandatory?

image.thumb.png.a26c678bd15c8721c05de9ab55d615c9.png

Cheers

Martyn

@Victor

At the moment the rules are not dynamic, they only apply when the timer is started. In our case we changing the Service Level manually to correct it to the appropriate service level.

If there is a requirement to allow it be reset to null Service Level, then we ideally we would need a setting on the Service/Service Level Agreement to make the selection of the Service Level mandatory.

Cheers

Martyn

3 minutes ago, Martyn Houghton said:

At the moment the rules are not dynamic

@Martyn Houghton yes, I know that changing any of the rule criteria (e.g. priority on a request) does not trigger a reevaluation of the SLA... but the "Update Service Level" BP node, for example, does this... and, for some reason, I thought that changing the SLA manually also does it... seems I was wrong... *sigh

8 hours ago, Martyn Houghton said:

At the moment the rules are not dynamic, they only apply when the timer is started.

Hi Martyn,

This should not be the case.  The rules are evaluated by three separate actions. 

• The Service Level rules will be evaluated as you mentioned when the response and resolution target timers are started within the BPM.
  • If you change the Service Level Agreement by manually selecting a different SLA from Amend Service Level form that you provided a screenshot, the rules will again be evaluated. 
  • There is also a BPM Operation that can be used to automatically re-assess the Services Levels at different points within your BPM.  We are working on a 4th method which would change the Service Level automatically when particular fields are updated on a request.

If a new Service Level Agreement is selected and none of the Service Levels associated with that SLA are applied, I would assume that none of the rules have matched.

Regards,

James

@James Ainsworth

Our rules are based solely on Priority which is set by the customer initially, which we no longer change as said rules are only used to set the initial Service Level.

We are purely wishing to change the service level manually, to correct the Service Level, where the customer has chosen the incorrect one. We are able to do this fine without the rules re-firing and attempting to change the Service Level back to match the Priority. We would not want the rules to re-fire in this situation as we are 'overriding' them.

The issue is that you can override it by choosing only the Service Level Agreement container and not a Service Level inside it.

I appreciate there are plans to re-trigger rules through life cycle of the request, but there will need to be a manual override capability, all be it in our case not one where you can apply a Service Level Agreement but not the Service Level inside it.

Cheers

Martyn