Tables in Emails...

samwoo

Tables in Emails...  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this idea?

• I like it
    • I don't like it
    • I like it but won't use or need it (happy for this to be added for other users)

Hi,

Very frequuently we get an email from our Finance System which contains a table containing a list of records and whether or not they are errored.

A ticket is automatically generated once it detects this email. And as it should, the body of the email becomes the description of the ticket.

Howeve because it is a table, the formatting is severely messed up in the Request Details making it hard to read. Here the images should speak for themselves:

Body of the email:
5a97ce0dcbfb0_2018-03-0109_49_07-Possiblefailedbatchesinbatchinput-Hornbill-InternetExplorer.png.1f10141f27e4234208267a567782edfa.png#

Result in ticket:
5a97cea36e974_2018-03-0109_55_53-IN00040973-Hornbill-InternetExplorer.png.98d641b546acd70c59fa4d74ba41befa.png

So I was wondering if the Email Routing or Applying the Email to a ticket can detect a table and format it in some way so it's readable in the description?

Even if it's converting each row into a bullet or number

#BatchIDInErrorDateTransactionType
#BatchIDInErrorDateTransactionType

Or if it's possible to detect spaces in the text and detecting each column in a row format it like so

#Batch ID - In Error - Date - Transaction Type

I don't think we can amend the output of this email as I believe it's hard-coded so am hoping that there is something that can be done via the Hornbill Processing to help make these easier to read (without having to go to the Email Source each time)

(Also is Hornbill capable of having tabs?)

Thanks,

Samuel

@Oscar Stankard Hornbill uses the plain text part of an email for the request description. The plain text part (being plain text) has the printable characters already "mushed" so is not Hornbill that does it... This being said, there might be an option (possibly?) to parse the HTML table section and convert that table .... in any case, something for our product managers and devs to consider for future functionality...

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...