PC suddenly fails to complete

Dan Munns

Hi all, 

Since I did the update yesterday two of our PC forms fail to complete. I have since done the other update today with no change. 

Can someone have a look at this ASAP please as the two PCs in question are for new starters and role changes (the PCs are almost identical) 

The worked fine up to yesterday and I have made no changes to them. 

I have a few line managers needed to log new starter requests so time (as always) is against me. 

@Victor do you still have credentials to access our instance? 

Role Change and New Starter. I just get the HROD (Hornbill ring of death). There are 4 forms and it seems to only happen if the last form is skipped (the last form is a whole form of questions dependent on answers from the third form). It is set to be skipped if required. 

Hi @Victor have you managed to have a look at this yet? 

I have an ever increasing mountain of new starters I am going to end up submitting myself for various managers once this is fixed. 

I would rather that mountain was as small as possible. :) 

@Dan Munns right, it took me a while to investigate but I think I found out why the issue occurs... It seems that if you have a custom form that does not have visible fields, you get the HROD. So that's why... next question, why there are no visible fields, this is because the "override flags" seem not to be working anymore using values from static or dynamic lists... So that's the complete answer to why... The issue seems to be isolated to static/dynamic lists, I have tried conditions with text fields for example and these work fine... I've reported this to dev team to investigate ASAP...

Ok thanks. Is there a work around for now? If I add a text field, set it to only show in an impossible situation will the rest of the form work ok? Or will this not work as long as I have any list hidden? 

I really don’t want to add another step just to say ‘click finish to submit form’ if I don’t have to. 

2 minutes ago, Dan Munns said:

If I add a text field, set it to only show in an impossible situation will the rest of the form work ok?

Yes... but no fields having "override flags" will be displayed :( ... only that text field...

11 hours ago, Dan Munns said:

But if I set the set field to have override flags it won’t show.

If the override flags have a condition based on a (previous) value which is coming from a static or dynamic list, then yes, it won't show. And yes, that will keep the PC broken...

What exactly you had in mind with that text field?

I was hoping to add the text field and hide it if it is only lists which break the allow to be skipped setting on the form so there will be a non list field to fix the PC. 

Can we have this looked at by the dev guys as a matter of urgency please? 

The list of new starters I am going to have to raise is getting longer by the day....

They will work now, as I got desperate and put in a label which says 'Please check that all details are correct and then click Finish to submit the form' on the last form.

If you go through the PC and only select 'Proactis' on the systems access form the label will be the only thing they see on the final form. 

@Dan Munns ok, got confirmation, a form must display something otherwise it breaks the flow... because in your scenario there might be a case when no override flag condition is met, meaning no field is displayed, you get the HROD... this is something our dev team is looking into.

Meanwhile, as you suggested, the workaround... *sigh ... :( 

To be honest, I always believed it worked fine. However looking at old New Starter requests I have never had one where someone wanted to select options which would not show the last form. 

Suddenly one person finds the flaw and then 10 people need to submit forms with the same options......:blink:

I suppose another workaround would be to use a decision node.....

Edit: Cancel that. I would need a "does not contain" field which doesn't exist, or a whole heap of "does contain" rules. The current workaround is much simpler, and easy to add / remove....

1 minute ago, Dan Munns said:

Suddenly one person finds the flaw and then 10 people need to submit forms with the same options......:blink:

Apologies... but I can't stop laughing ... :D ... sorry, I really know I should be serious but ... can't ... :D  :D 

Were they just waiting around the corner for an opportunity? :D ... (someone must find the flaw, yes, yes, then... then it will be our moment!! then, we will strike!! mwahahah!!)

• Haha 1