Bounce Count

chrisnutt

Hi All,

Forgive me if this has been asked before but I have not been able to find it.

In a system I used a long, long (very long) time ago there was a feature called 'Bounce Count'. This was very simple field that simply incremented each and every time the request was assigned to another team. It was very useful because it helped identify requests where no-one was taking ownership and could also be used in reporting to narrow down requests that had never left the Service Desk (as opposed to requests that left and then came back).

I'm looking to try and write a report now that focuses solely on requests that have never left the Service Desk (in the above bounce count = 0). I know there is no field for this currently, would it be something worth adding? Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can achieve the report for requests that have never left the Service Desk?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

I've had a look through the table. The information in there is good and will no doubt be useful to do something like that (very nice) dashboard.

I've hit a bit of a roadblock though. I want to create a widget that works out first line fix per analyst per month (note that is first LINE rather than first TIME) which is requests resolved at Service Desk within resolve time and without being escalated to another team. I've tried to create a measure for this but I can only create a measure with one table as a data source. Is there a way I can achieve this, perhaps as a widget somehow?

Thanks

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

@chrisnutt 

On 2/27/2018 at 12:46 PM, chrisnutt said:

requests resolved at Service Desk within resolve time and without being escalated to another team. I've tried to create a measure for this but I can only create a measure with one table as a data source. Is there a way I can achieve this, perhaps as a widget somehow?

Yes, you're right, you need to query multiple tables so with a widget should not be a problem... do you need help with the SQL query?

@Victor

As I suspected, I don't even know where to begin! So, yes, I think I will need help.

I'm trying to achieve something similar to the attached (which is for response) that tells me the percentage of first line fix for individual Service Desk staff, and another chart with the total first line fix for the Service Desk. First line fix is a fairly simple metric - requests (of all types) resolved at first line - no escalation - and within resolution sla.

It would be great to get first time fix too, which is a bit different from above - resolved at first contact. So logged and resolved straight away, or in the case of Service Portal requests, as soon as it is touched by someone (within a few minutes).

Hope that makes sense

WithinResponse.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Did you get any further with this?  It is quite close(ish) to what I am being asked for.

I have found the widgets on the demo site and has that show number of assignments for either service requests or incidents but really want to see more about the incidents than just the summary and number of assignments.   And I'd like to be able to change team on top 5 analyst reassigning tickets example but can't make it work.

I think I really need what seems not to be possible which is a report showing the number of assignments a ticket has had as well as other information such as status, date logged, analyst owner etc.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Helen

Hi @HGrigsby 

I have added a few values to the Top 10 Bounced Incidents Widget to give you this:

image.png

The SQL for this is as follows:

SELECT h_request_id As Reference, h_itsm_requests.h_datelogged AS Date, h_itsm_requests.h_ownername AS Owner, h_itsm_requests.h_summary AS Summary, h_itsm_requests.h_status AS Status, COUNT(h_request_id) AS Assignments
FROM h_itsm_request_team_assignment 
INNER JOIN h_itsm_requests ON h_request_id=h_pk_reference AND h_requesttype='Incident'
GROUP BY h_request_id
ORDER BY Assignments DESC
LIMIT 10

You can change the order by and limits etc as you need

For the Top Teams Reassigning

image.png

The SQL for this is:

SELECT h_previous_team_id As Team, COUNT(h_request_id) AS Assignments
FROM h_itsm_request_team_assignment 
INNER JOIN h_itsm_requests ON h_request_id=h_pk_reference
WHERE h_previous_team_id!='No previous team'
GROUP BY h_previous_team_id