Single Sign on conflicting with trying to use Admin account

Guest gregmarcroftorc

Guest gregmarcroftorc

Hi,

When I use Hornbill Service Manager, I believe I am logged on via ADFS/SSO. This uses my gmarcroft account.

However, I occasionally have the need to log out of my own login so I can login as the admin account to be the System Admin. I don't seem to be able to do it though as even when using Incognito on Chrome or InPrivate on IE,  after clicking log out, whenever I access the Live site or Admin, it just logs me back in as myself.

May be easier if someone can contact me directly about this or can someone please advise.

Thanks

Greg

Guest gregmarcroftorc
9 minutes ago, James Ainsworth said:

Hi @gregmarcroftorc

You can bypass the AD authentication and use Hornbill authentication by issuing ?ESPBasic=true in your URL.

https://live.hornbill.com/<instance_ID>/?ESPBasic=true

This will enforce Hornbill authentication rather than SSO.

Regard,

James

Thanks James, but that doesn't seem to work. Have tried in Incognito Mode too. Just logs me back in as myself.

Guest gregmarcroftorc

@Victor Hi Victor, this does the same too.

I go in using Incognito Mode on Chrome. Click Log Out in the top right corner. If I then use the URL James provided it just logs me back in as myself. Or if I close down the browser window and try, the new link, it still does the same. 

Guest gregmarcroftorc

OK thanks @Victor. Not sure it will help me with what I need.

I need to be able to log in and delete snippets created by other users. For example one of my colleagues created a number of snippets whilst he was on my team, and now he has moved to another team, and is currently in Australia until April. On the Wiki, it mentions:

You are able to view Snippets which you have created, and those which have been shared with you.

Delete - You can delete Snippets you have created by using the select box next to the Snippets you wish to delete and then choosing Delete
Edit - You can edit or alter a Snippet you have created by selecting the Snippet, making the changes and choosing Update

You can't delete or edit Snippets which you have not created.

Is there any way of changing this through admin? I would have thought I could have logged on as system administrator and been able to delete them in the live instance.

Greg

@gregmarcroftorc

7 minutes ago, gregmarcroftorc said:

I would have thought I could have logged on as system administrator and been able to delete them in the live instance.

Yes, you can.... you can access the live interface from admin. Once you logged in admin tool, click on the user profile icon (top right-hand side) and from the popup menu click on "Hornbill Collaboration"

image.png

Guest gregmarcroftorc

Thanks @Victor, that is helpful. 

Surprisingly, the system admin login cannot even remove or amend snippets that another user has created. Is there any way around this or not? 

3 minutes ago, gregmarcroftorc said:

Surprisingly, the system admin login cannot even remove or amend snippets that another user has created. Is there any way around this or not?

I'm afraid the sys admin has nothing to do with applications, he simply rules the admin realm but that's the extent of its powers... my suggestion is to change the snippets ownership to yourself so you can then edit them... but that can only be done via DB ... which is dangerous territory :D 

Guest gregmarcroftorc
1 minute ago, Victor said:

I'm afraid the sys admin has nothing to do with applications, he simply rules the admin realm but that's the extent of its powers... my suggestion is to change the snippets ownership to yourself so you can then edit them... but that can only be done via DB ... which is dangerous territory :D 

OK thanks.