Cannot assign Organistion to Contact

Steve Giller

We're probably going to have to start supporting a partner organisation, and I believe the best way to manage this would be as Contacts.
I've tried to follow the Wiki for adding a Customer, but I when I try and add an Organisation it does not recognise the Org I've created for them; or any Orgs, for that matter!

I imagine, as it's my first attempt, that I'm doing something wrong, but if someone could tell me what it is I'd be grateful!

Hi @DeadMeatGF,

You can either add first the organisation and then assign a contact to it or create a contact and assign that to the organisation. The video in the WiKi is a bit old and there are many new capabilities but the way to do it is the same.

Did you try going to the contact and assign it to the correct organisation?

Can you please let me know if you see an error message?

Thank you,

Daniel

Ahh, no @DeadMeatGF,

The Organisational Data is different than Organisations. Organisational Data is the internal Organisation Structure, that will be for departments and teams creation and to that you can assign users or basic users.

Organisation (in the Collaboration Core) is used to hold contacts (external).

Hope that makes sense.

Daniel.

Following on from this - I'm either missing a setting or not reading an instruction (or understanding things) correctly, but how do I get an external contact to see their subscribed services in the Customer Portal?
I can log a job for them as an analyst, but when they log into the Customer Portal  they only get the home page.

@DeadMeatGF it all depends on the Service configuration, there's a flag on the right called Service Visibility which determines if the Service is even visible to anyone. Then it's down to Service subscriptions. Either the Service can have no subscribers (everyone will see it), the customer's organisation can be subscribed (all of it's associated contacts can see it), the individual contacts are subscribed OR it's available to all contacts.

Hope that helps.

Currently, all our live services are available to everyone, and as a test I subscribed the new Organisation to one of my test services. All the services are visible, a few specific catalog items are set to portal-only or Service Desk only but most are Both.

If I raise a Request as an analyst I can add the new test customer as the Request customer, and if looking at the Customer's properties page I can use the Raise New button to create a Request for him.

As far as I can tell the only unexpected behaviour as far as I can tell is that when I log in (incognito mode) to the Customer Portal as the test customer I just get the CP home page with no option to view or raise Requests.

I've attached a shot of an example Service, and of the Customer Portal once logged in.

Screenshot 2018-02-23 09.21.43.png

Screenshot 2018-02-23 09.21.43.png

@DeadMeatGF

When you click on the Profile in the Customer Portal, does it reflect the correct user you logged in in the private/incognito window?

I got a vague recollection of an issue we had when we first setup our customer portal and it was down to a permission that was missing. On your portal account settings for the customer portal what roles does it have?

image.thumb.png.828fdb0a0c462267769eb7ef41c6e332.png

I know we had to temporarily add a copy of Service Manager Authorised Guest before, but that was fixed in subsequent release of SM. Does you customer portal account have 'Service Manager Authorised Guest' as a role?

Cheers

Martyn

Yep, got that bit, thanks!
The next challenge is making sure that everyone who's a Co-Worker is correctly assigned to our Company (due to a slightly splintered AD structure that's not the case!) so that I can keep our Services for us and only expose the new Services to the Customer!
Luckily I've got some time ... I'm sure it'll be enough time, won't it ... ?