Email Notifications - Opt Out

Dan Munns

Hi all, 

Is there a way we can have an option per analyst and team to opt out of the email notifications? 

I have had to set them up for a couple of our teams as they are infrequent users of the system (or have so much work on that keeping on to of Service Manager isn't really an option). However this obviously means that everyone else is also getting the notifications. 

I have set them up for team and user assignment notifications but the service desk specifically are getting swamped with emails (from both alerts). 

If we could have a user / team setting to determine whether of not they want to receive them it would be a great help (and the faster the better as I am currently under fire from multiple directions!) 

While it's not possible at the moment, we're looking at adding adding more options to your profile where you would be able to do this. I can't give a timeframe but something that's definitely on our radar.

Anything that can be done quickly would be appreciated. So far today I have had over 100 notifications for teams and individual assignments. I am guessing that Service Desk and Infrastructure will be in the same boat.

What makes it worse is that rules set up in Outlook to mark as read and stick them in a folder are client side so I get all the notifications again on my mobile!  

3 minutes ago, Dan Munns said:

What makes it worse is that rules set up in Outlook to mark as read and stick them in a folder are client side so I get all the notifications again on my mobile!  

If you don't mark them as read it won't be client side any more, which might help with the mobile notifications.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

+1 for this.  We now have more than one team and all calls are automatically assigned to Service Desk 1st line through the BPM - however because they are logged in and monitoring them they don't actually need to get the emails however like others we need the team emails for the other teams who aren't always in the system.

Unless there is another way to automatically assign all calls to Service Desk 1st Line?

Thanks

Tina

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@HGrigsby @Dan Munns  @Claire Holtham @davidrb84 @Jeremy @Katef @Tina.Lapere @Kelvin @Martyn Houghton in the Service Manager update today, you will have a new option to Switch from global Service Manager notifications to allowing each Service Manager subscribed user (agent / manager) to set their own notification preferences from their profile.   This setting is applied across ALL teams and users, so worth considering the pro's and con's of allowing users to making their own choices, but the option is now available if required :) 

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Service_Manager_Notification_Settings

This will allow each user to choose no notifications, email only, Hornbill only or both for the following:

image.png

If you enable this system setting, each user will see a new section in their profile > Settings > Notifications under their existing collaboration settings for Service Manager.

image.png

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1