Showing Known Errors as Solutions automatically

dwalby

Hi all,

I have a feeling a post already exists along the lines of this already but I can't find it - @James Ainsworth I seem to remember you responding to it.

From what I understand, when working within an incident request in order to see a solution to a known error you first need to link it to the incident. Although this works, this relies on the analyst either knowing the known error exists, or that they perform a search for a known error within the 'Link Request' action. This is also reliant on the analyst either knowing what search terms to use, or using the filters.

Would it not be better suited if the 'Solution' action was automatically populated with solutions to known errors that are associated with the service instead of just FAQs?

Thanks in advance

Hi @dwalby

Thanks for your post.  

4 hours ago, dwalby said:

Would it not be better suited if the 'Solution' action was automatically populated with solutions to known errors that are associated with the service instead of just FAQs?

You are most definitely correct.  We have one area that is currently in development which will provide this type of visibility during the progressive capture stage of raising a request.  As you fill out the progressive capture forms you will be able to see issues that possibly relate to the one you are raising which we are currently describing as "Progressive Knowledge".   Once that is available we would then look back at the solutions tab on a request to allow this to make more suggestions to possible matching known issues instead of just showing those that have been linked.

No time frames yet and it will depend on the completion of the mentioned "Progressive Knowledge" feature.  

For now you can use the ''Linked Requests'' action on a request and using the filters look for Problems and Known Errors that might relate to your incident.

Regards,

James