Asset Upload Templates

Jenny

Hi,

I've downloaded the assettelecoms.csv template from the asset upload page in service manager but it doesn't seem to include all the database fields that show when creating an asset type - it's missing phone number, which we'd quite like to include in our upload! Is there a more up to date version anywhere which includes all the fields? I assume if I add the missing fields to my upload template it's not going to know where to map the data to?

Many thanks,

Jenny

Hi @Jenny

Thanks for your post.

I wanted to mention that there are two methods to uploading assets into Hornbill.  It looks like you are looking at the CSV import that sits under the Assets in the main client.  While this is great for small manual updates I just wanted to check if you were also familiar with our Asset Import Tool?  The Asset Import Tool is generally used for more complex imports and also provides the ability to schedule the imports on a regular cycle.

I will also see what I can find out about adding the phone number to the template for the CSV import. 

Regards,

James

Hi again,

I've gone through and tested the adding of the phone number to the assettelecoms.csv file.  The column header needs to be labelled phoneNumber. There is no other mapping to be done. 

image.png

You may need to check that on your Asset Type that the phone number has been made visible.

image.png

I hope that helps.  Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards, 

James

Hi James,

Thanks for that, we'd made it visible just then got confused when we couldn't find the field to upload the information. Thanks for the other links too, we'll have a look at those and see if they'd work better for us.

Many thanks,

Jenny