Show handle rather than user id

Dan Munns

Hi all,

Is there a way of showing the users handle rather than the user ID in the Line Manager field? 

We use the field for some tickets and when added via variable it shows as the user ID which means it isn't always obvious who the person is.

Thanks 

Dan

Hi @Dan Munns

Is it possible to provide a screen shot of this?  I'm not too sure where the field is that you are referencing.  If this is a custom field is being populated from a variable in a BPM workflow then in some cases both ID and Display Names are available.  However, this can depend on how the link between the entities are created. 

Regards,

James

Thanks @Dan Munns

I can see that this is in the Administration Portal.  I believe that the manager will show as the full name on a User's profile in the Hornbill Client, but I can see for someone setting up the managers here would be a challenge and having the full name would help.

I'll put this through to team to have a look at.

James

@James Ainsworth you are correct and the manager does show in full on the user profile. It is however still shown as the userID when the variable is used in a BPM (we use it to add the line manager information into the description of a ticket as it is required info for setting up some of our finance software)

Currently this means that the analysts have to look up the userID to find the full name of the manager. If full name can be displayed via the variable that wold be a great help 

Thanks 

Dan 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @Dan Munns

This is not in the development queue as of yet.  I believe this to be relatively minor so it may be possible to have this worked on for one of the up coming updates.  There are a lot of feature requests from our customers so we do have to balance out our backlog and not have too many changes jump the queue ahead of much longer standing changes.  I will be sure to let you know once we are closer to having this available.

Regards,

James

• 2 months later...