Saved ProCap Not Saved

SJEaton

Hi

One of my super users Lorraine Daniel undertook some changes in a ProCap earlier today, saved and published it and then I tested it with her and it all worked fine.  She has just gone back in to do further changes and found that even though it has 14/02/18 12:26 as the Updated On, the changes we made aren't there??!!  Any ideas what has happened here?

Sam

Capture.PNG

Hi Sam,

I see that the Active State on this Progressive Capture is set to off.  The Updated On field takes the enabling and disabling of the Progressive Capture in to consideration and while you might not have changed the content of the workflow, if this was disabled from the view that you have posted above, the Updated On is most likely reflecting when it was de-activated. 

Can you confirm that your latest tests were done while this progressive capture was active?  If this was disabled when raising a request, the request would have defaulted back to the default progressive capture which is specified in the setting app.itsm.progressiveCapture.newRequest (for Service Requests).  If your Test Business Support Progressive Capture was a copy of the original default progressive capture it may give the appearance that you have lost your changes when it might actually be running the original as your new script is not enabled.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

James

Hi @James Ainsworth, it was definitely active when we tested it.  Not sure if I understand fully what you are saying above.  It's not letting me activate again as the version saved is not complete.  To be honest I think somewhere along the line we must have had an old version open and saved this by accident which then replaced the new version we had configured.  I am assuming there is no way to get back to a previously saved version of a PC so the configuration will have to be done again :(

Sam

Hi @SJEaton

As long as that progressive capture is saying that it is not active it will not be used, independent of what was saved and when.  At the moment whatever you run against this progressive capture, it will see that it is not active and instead run what you have set in app.itsm.progressiveCapture.newRequest, or the equivalent setting for the type of request being raised.

If you have the the Progressive Capture Designer open in different locations while editing the same script,  which ever location saved last will be the current version.  We don't currently have versioning or revisions like we do in the BPM Designer to revert to a previous version, but this is being considered.   

Regards,

James