Human Task checklist Variable Picker...

samwoo

Hello,

I must be going crazy - in the Variable Picker against a branch out of the Decision Node from a Human Task, what Variable am I to use to pick up the list of items checked in the Checklist?

I have a parellel process that will eventually create new tickets depending on what has been ticked in the Human Task Checklist.

Thanks,

Samuel

@Dan Munns,

Unfortunately this has not worked.

It appears the Checklist is used to track the % completion of a Task, and not contribute to the Completion Details of the task.

Now i'm not sure how to progress with this at all in my case... Tech Support identfify what Applications a Leaver has access to half way through the Manual Leaver process, and since we cannot have a form half way through the leaver process and he Task Checklist doesn't return any Outcome Details I am at a lost at how to automate the creation of tickets / emails based on the Applications the leaver has.

Does anyone have any ideas? (remembering that these Applications are identified half way through this process, AFTER the Leaver has been confirmed)

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi Samuel,

The checklist on an Activity was a very early feature of the activities and was really seen as a simple list of actions that needed to be done in order to complete the task. Once all are checked off the outcome is set to being completed. 

You mention not having a ''form'' half way through a process.  I'm assuming that you are referring to triggering a progressive capture form after a request has been raised?  This has been considered before and something that we still may look at implementing. 

In the meantime I'll continue to think of alternatives for you that you can use now.

James

Hi @James Ainsworth,

11 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

The checklist on an Activity was a very early feature of the activities and was really seen as a simple list of actions that needed to be done in order to complete the task. Once all are checked off the outcome is set to being completed. 

Ah that makes sense so really just used to help with Activities.

You mention not having a ''form'' half way through a process.  I'm assuming that you are referring to triggering a progressive capture form after a request has been raised?  This has been considered before and something that we still may look at implementing. 

Uh.... can I be an interesed party for this idea? This is a great idea!

In the meantime I'll continue to think of alternatives for you that you can use now.

Thank you I really appreciate this.

Samuel

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I wonder if there is any updates on this? I am doing the Leaver requests and I need to be able to record the Applications a leaver has part-way through the process.

I worked with @samwoo on setting this up with the Checklist options against a task, and as Sam's post above clarifies after testing that the Checklist only tracks the % a task is completed, and not the Outcome of values ticked.

We really need to generated automated tickets from this task, or via another way.

Thanks,

Aaron

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Paul Alexander

+1 for being able to track which checklist items have  been completed within the BPM - AND for being able to open a Prog Capture form halfway through a BPM

• 1 year later...