% of requests resolved by 1st line team (First time fix)

dwalby

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a measure/report to show first time fix, from what I understand there isn't a flag as such within Service Manager that captures first time fix, so instead I'd like to create a measure that shows the percentage of requests resolved by our 1st line team.

How could I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance

Hi @dwalby

There is a table called h_itsm_request_team_assignment that stores assignment information.  You may be able to do a count on the request IDs.  If a request has been assigned more than once it will be listed multiple times.  You would also have to take into account any request that were assigned to a team, but not a user.

We do have a change in our backlog which would allow you to specify different criteria for what a First Time Fix (FTF) means for you.  Some Service Desks may want a FTF  to be completed within a set time frame as well.  I will add you to this change.

There is also another discussion started here which may be worth watching. 

• 3 months later...
On 2/7/2018 at 6:35 PM, James Ainsworth said:

We do have a change in our backlog which would allow you to specify different criteria for what a First Time Fix (FTF) means for you.  Some Service Desks may wanta FTF  to be completed within a set time frame as well.  I will add you to this change.

Hi @James Ainsworth

Can I be added to this too?

I am very interested in this as I have been struggling with trying to come up with a suitable way to report on this metric on and off since launching Service Manager. It's currently fresh in my mind as I am creating objectives for the Service Desk.

Many thanks

Chris

8 hours ago, DeadMeatGF said:

I'd be very interested to see what criteria would be put forward at my end

Hi @DeadMeatGF

I've added you to the change.  Regarding the criteria I hope to make it so that different criteria can be selected as I'm sure that each service desk will have a varied opinion to what a first time fix is.  To begin with I plan on using options for no assignments to another member of the team, no assignments to another team, and to be resolved within X amount of time, or it was resolved before it was logged.  I would always be interested in hearing other ideas.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

The latest update to Service Manager (build 1483) includes a new BPM operation that allows you to capture if a request meets selected First Time Fix (FTF) criteria.  

image.png

This BPM operation should be placed within your BPM workflow at a point after the request has been resolved.   

The criteria that can be set include

• No Team Reassignments
  • No Owner Reassignments
  • No On-hold Time
  • Max Open Time

A flag will be set against the request to indicate that it had met the First Time Fix criteria that you set.  Additional documentation can be found here under the title First Time Fix.  Reports can then be generated using this FTF flag.  We will be looking to introduce some reports that will be delivered as part of the Service Manager reporting.

Regards,

James