Initiate Teamviewer, Remote Assistance or similar from Service Manager

dwalby

Hi all,

Is it possible to initiate a remote support session with a customer (using the hostname of the asset that's associated with them), using Teamviewer, Remote Assistance, or similar tools within Service Manager?

Thanks in advance 

@dwalby As gerry says you can create the custom buttons on the Asset forms and if you hold the host name in one of the variable fields available as a custom button variable you can initiate the team viewer or other browser based tool 

In my example below i am holding the host name in the geo location field, could be asset tag or any of the other available ones

image.png

Giving me this on the asset form

image.png

1 hour ago, dwalby said:

I'm not seeing 'Asset Tag' etc. in the variables on the custom button. I'm creating the custom button within an incident

@dwalby variables are contextual so "Asset Tag" variable will be available on Assets only... therefore if creating the custom button on Incidents you won't have the Asset Tag var.

53 minutes ago, Victor said:

@dwalby variables are contextual so "Asset Tag" variable will be available on Assets only... therefore if creating the custom button on Incidents you won't have the Asset Tag var.

Thanks for clarifying @Victor but it'd certainly be useful to have the "Asset Tag" variable available within incidents, requests, etc. for this purpose.

Could that be raised as a enhancement please?

@dwalby as with a few of the Asset related requests on tickets the issue is that there could be multiple assets on a ticket and if so which Asset Tag variable would be be passing into the custom button.  The asset custom button is available by opening the asset on the request 

Options have been discussed about having a primary asset on a ticket, and this would certainly enable us to look at the above and other options around using asset variables in business processes etc - as always welcome the community thoughts on a primary asset?

Hello,

The Primary Asset idea might actually be very useful if it allows us to do certain things via the BPM or against a ticket against the asset (such as updating the records etc.)

Maybe there could potentially a feature we there could be "Linked Assets" against the Primary Asset? (We havent got configuration manager installed so not actually sure if this is possible already).

This would be great for reporting too.

+1 from me

Thanks,

Samuel