Build No 1119 - CH00149429

Tina.Lapere

New: Timeline updates that are visible in the Customer or Service Portals now have their visibility highlighted in Service Manager (CH00149429)

Hi,

I've just applied the latest update and immediately received comments from colleagues about the colour of the above change.  It's felt to be rather too bright and they are finding that their eyes are drawn to that bit rather than the other information.  Is there any chance the tone can be turned down a little, more of a pastel shade?  Something a little more comfortable on the eye.

Thanks

Tina

Guest Paul Davis

@Tina.LapereThanks for the feedback! Obviously, the main reason for making this change was to make the fact these updates are customer-facing more visible to users in the first place. It would be useful to gather feedback from others in the community about this.

@Tina.Lapere

Thanks for the screen shot, at least we have some context. OK I can see what you are saying but I also understand what @Paul Davis is stating, its quite important to be able to "spot" the customer updates, although I probably have a suggestion that might be slightly less jarring, I will post something on our internal workspace and see what they think.  In the mean time lets see if anyone else has any views. 

Gerry

Guest Paul Davis

@Tina.Lapere This doesn't directly address your concern, but the image you attached raised a question for me. Please forgive me asking if you really want to make those types of updates visible to your customers? If not the default visibility can be set differently using application settings in the Admin Tool.

custvis2.png

This does not affect all updates and those triggered from automated tasks in the BPM can be set independently. Apologies, if I am just stating something you already know, but I thought it worth asking the question.

@Paul Davis You raise a good point and historically it was decided to keep these visible to the Customer however it's something we might review in the future when we push the Customer Portal again.  Currently the numbers who check for updates on the portal is low so it's not seen as an issue but worth asking the question again.