Show variables in report header

Hi

In Supportworks I used to add a header to my reports to show the variables selected, for example

"Logged between &[uv_argf1] and &[uv_argt1] " to show the date range I had run my report over, or any other variable such as team or department, analyst or team.

Is there a way of doing the same in service manager reports, it was a really useful when you have a lot of the same reports to run for different departments.

Helen

5a71e0238e80a_LoggedBetween.JPG.7b576b85f18f979b723f89cac9e82a94.JPG

Hi Helen,

While we don't support this right now I don't think this will be a problem to add. I will have a chat to api server team and see what we can do.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Helen,

I did ask and it was agreed it could be done. However we went through a recent phase of completely changing report delivery and the introduction of scheduling and it appears, unfortunately, that this got left behind.

With the introduction of scheduling it really needs to be done as it would make sense in the title to be able to refer to the scheduled date/time report is setup to use. I will speak to api team tomorrow and try get this put into development asap.

Thanks

Neil

• 1 month later...

@NeilWJ @HGrigsby

Platform support for expanding variables in the report title as well as the report name used for the file name will be available in next Platform Release, when this is available i will post back hopefully should be the next week or two. 

Neil is also adding support to the Report Builder User Interface to allow you to set the value of the runtime arguments to a more friendly name, this should be available before the platform release. 

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

• 1 month later...

@HGrigsby yes, it has been deployed. For each filter that comes from a user prompted value you can now define a variable reference:

image.png

You can then use this variable reference in the report title (for example) using this format: &[<variable_reference>]. Looking at my example above that woudl be &[abc].

Thanks Victor

I've got it to work to show if I use the Date logged is greater than it displays

IT Tickets by Source - Logged After 2018-07-01 00:00:00

Is it possible to get it to do any of the following -

• Format the heading so that it shows date only? 
  • Use with a between date field?
  • have more than one, for example be able to show the date and the team?
  • use it in reports that don't need user to select a value - scheduled?

Helen