DMARC Policy to Emails

Tina.Lapere

@Tina.Lapere apologies for the delayed reply. Currently, our platform does not allow implementation of DMARC system but is something we currently investigate to include as a future functionality. I understand that using email in Hornbill is dependent on this implementation so I highlighted this to the internal teams.

@Tina.Lapere I think so, yes... if I understand your query correctly...

Basically, to have customers only dealing with the @molevalley address (instead of two addresses), the following can be configured:

• Outgoing email from hornbill will be from @live.hornbill.com "spoofed as" @molevalley. The molevalley server/domain needs to have an SPF record allowing live.hornbill.com, otherwise, this won't work.
  • Incoming email to Hornbill will be at @molevalley which in return will FWD the email to @live.hornbill.com

Customers won't know about @live.hornbill.com, they will only use @molevalley ...

@Victor - I believe this is how we have it set up now.

We can't have your system spoofing emails unless it has the DMARC etc.  So until then we'd need it to come from ??????@live.hornbill.com but ideally with a different reply address so that if people reply to the email (which they often will) that it sends back to helpdesk@molevalley.gov.uk

Is this possible?

5 minutes ago, Tina.Lapere said:

we'd need it to come from ??????@live.hornbill.com but ideally with a different reply address so that if people reply to the email (which they often will) that it sends back to helpdesk@molevalley.gov.uk

uh... I don't know about this... something our devs might know better than I do... @TrevorKillick any thoughts? :)