PC answers 'undefined'

Dan Munns

Hi all,

Is there anyway we can have the 'undefined' text removed when a PC question isn't answered. 

As we now have dynamic PC forms, when using the variable picker to update call summary / description any unanswered questions show as undefined. 

As the user may not have been presented the question in the first place (yet I still have to put the variable in the description incase they have) I have to add a lot of unnecessary lines to the description field as shown below: 

Create the relevant accounts for the following user:

New Starter Name: &[functions.pcf("StarterDetails","StarterName")]
Start Date: &[functions.pcf("StarterDetails","startdate")]
Department: &[functions.pcf("StarterDetails","Department")]

SYSTEM Access: &[functions.pcf("System_Access_Details","Aurius")] 
SUBSYSTEM1 Account Type (if required): &[functions.pcf("System_Access_Details","SUBSYSTEM1")]
SUBSYSTEM2 Account type (if required): &[functions.pcf("System_Access_Details","SUBSYSTEM2")]
SUBSYSTEM3 Account type (if requied): &[functions.pcf("System_Access_Details","SUBSYSTEM3")]
SUBSYSTEM4 Account Type (if required): &[functions.pcf("System_Access_Details","SUBSYSTEM4")]
SUBSYSTEM5 Account type (if required): &[functions.pcf("System_Access_Details","SUBSYSTEM5")]

Which displays on the ticket as: 

Create the relevant accounts for the following user:

New Starter Name: Test User
Start Date: 30/01/2018
Department: IT

SYSTEM Access: SUBSYSTEM4
SUBSYSTEM1 Account Type (if required): undefined
SUBSYSTEM2 Account type (if required): undefined
SUBSYSTEM3 Account type (if requied): undefined
SUBSYSTEM4 Account Type (if required): SUBSYSTEM ACCOUNT TYPE
SUBSYSTEM5 Account type (if required): undefined

All the SUBSYSTEM lines are lines from dynamic questions on the PC form. Only one or two of them will ever get answered but I can't just put them all in one line as I obviously then get the following:

SYSTEM Access:  SUBSYSTEM5 undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedSUBSYSTEM5 ACCOUNT TYPE

Thanks 

Dan

@TSheward_SGW well we are working to have this section improved, with more details (like a reference, workarounds, dates, builds, etc.). But for now, if a published defect is no longer in this list, it means it has been resolved/fixed and the fix will be available in next Service Manager update. For formal requests logged with our support team that are found to be defects, we also provide a defect reference. You can use that reference to query about the progress...  ;)  

• 1 month later...

@Victor

For example, in the event that one value is empty, use the other value in it's place:

&[functions.pcf("newEmailDetails","emailAddress")]

&[functions.pcf("newEmailDetails","alternativeEmailAddress")]

If this were SQL, it would be COALESCE(&[functions.pcf("newEmailDetails","emailAddress")], &[functions.pcf("newEmailDetails","alternativeEmailAddress")]) --Is there any way to do this in Hornbill?

Hi,

We have a business process that was relying on using "undefined" to know when no options in a checklist had been selected. This is now no longer directing things in the same way that they were previously so I'm wondering if these no longer show as undefined? If so what does it now show up as as I'll need to amend our business processes so they work again :(

Many thanks,

Jenny

8 minutes ago, Jenny said:

If so what does it now show up as as I'll need to amend our business processes so they work again

@Jenny I can tell for sure, I need to check with dev team, but can you try and check for empty/NULL values (i.e. "is not set" ) and see if that works?

• 1 month later...
Guest Paul Alexander
On 3/15/2018 at 11:58 AM, Victor said:

@Dan Munns I stand corrected... after I chased this internally, I found out this is (or was) a platform issue and was fixed in ESP build 2882... do you still experience the issue?

@Drew Davies I'm afraid you can use any type of functions in BP nodes... so, no you can't coalesce the values :( 

Hello

I'm taking a look at a few of our tickets and we are getting an 'undefined' entry when we try to update the details of a ticket from a Prog Capt if a particular question is not answered. Looking at this thread, this shouldn't now be happening (or is there a setting that I need to set to override this?). Or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

image.png.2b49e7624ee1cdbb2a81cca97b865bf0.png

thanks

Paul