Change Calendar

Prathmesh Patel

Hi @Prathmesh Patel

Firstly I have an example (below) of a widget that can be created to show the scheduled changes for the next 30 days, but in terms of getting the actual LIVE change calendar into a dashboard I'm not sure that is possible due to system rights and authentication, etc. I have seen a custom widget added with a screenshot of this months change calendar which works fine. The only thing is that the screenshot needs to be updated each month or each time the data changes. 

The Change calendar respects the rights of the user logging in to see it, so an IT person wouldn't be able to see changes for HR or any other department that they don't normally have the rights to see. As soon as it is put on a dashboard potentially anybody can see it, and it may go against pre set rights in the application. I'm not part of the development team for Service Manager so I may be wrong but I would think that is why it is not a standard feature.

Anyway as I mentioned to display a list of data widget with a custom SQL query this is roughly the query required to show the upcoming changes over the next 30 days based on the scheduled date:

select h_pk_reference, h_summary, h_ownerid, h_itsm_changerequests.h_start_time, h_itsm_changerequests.h_end_time from h_itsm_requests
inner Join h_itsm_changerequests on h_pk_reference=h_fk_reference
 where h_requesttype='Change Request' and h_status='status.open' 
AND h_itsm_changerequests.h_start_time >= CURDATE() + INTERVAL 1 DAY
AND h_itsm_changerequests.h_start_time < CURDATE() + INTERVAL 30 DAY 
limit 10

• 3 months later...
On 5/16/2018 at 3:16 PM, dwalby said:

@conorh - I've attempted to use your custom SQL query but it doesn't appear to return any results (the headers show). Please can you confirm that the SQL query is correct?

Hi @dwalby

I have just tested the query and can confirm that it is correct. It is based on the start time that a change has been scheduled for so will only show once a change has been scheduled, and will show any changes that are scheduled to start from tomorrow until 30 days from now.

Can you confirm that there are scheduled changes in your instance that are due to start in the next 30 days? 

Thanks

Conor

@dwalby  It doesn't appear to be possible at the moment. I have the same, and on that type of widget the general look and feel tab mainly relates to the box itself rather than the content. I will have a chat with the designers to get their thoughts. 

One option is to set the height at 20%. In fact playing with the preview width and preview height options seems to help, 75% width and 33% height seems to get everything on the same line for me. 

I will have a chat with the designers as I say to see if we can help with this.

image.png

image.png