Email Formatting

Dan Munns

@Victor Ok so the template is set to Default(undefined). I am sure that this used to work though with the default template. (our users would be quick to point it out if they thought it looked less than brilliant, and my manager would be ever quicker than that.) I have created a new template and added the correct variable to show the text written by the analysts. (is there a way of removing the "emailto<emailaddress>" line from {{RequestLastActivity.H_content}}?

Also what is the drop down menu for at the top of the templates window? No matter what I select (other than Requests) I get a really complicated looking error message....

Capture.JPG

59 minutes ago, Dan Munns said:

the template is set to Default(undefined)

undefined... hmm... the default template on services is "RequestMessage" ... does this template exist in your instance? If not, any chance someone deleted it?

is there a way of removing the "emailto<emailaddress>" line from {{RequestLastActivity.H_content}}

I know you can do SQL functions in ESP variables...like using SUBSTR and like... maybe something like this?

the drop down menu for at the top of the templates window? No matter what I select (other than Requests) I get a really complicated looking error message....

You can safely ignore this, only templates that work are "Requests". The intention was to have different template categories (the drop down list). These categories in their turn will make available specific contextual variables... like you have SLA, Team, Customer, etc. variables for "Requests" templates, you could have a different set of variables at disposal for template category, for example, "Services" or "Tasks" ... unfortunately, this was never implemented, not yet anyway, is still something on our "to do" list... however is not really nice to see the error so I'll ask internally...

5 hours ago, Victor said:

the default template on services is "RequestMessage"

I am looking at my statement and I must say is rubbish... because is not true! .. .well it is, in a way, but only because a particular application setting has "RequestMessage" configured as template... So, to make things clear and correct myself: on the service you can set an email template to be used when sending emails from requests raised against this service. You can choose any email template from the list however, there is an option to specify to use the "default" template for request messages: "Default (...)". This "default" template is set by this application setting: app.email.template.request.sendMessage. The default value for this application setting is "RequestMessage" template, and now you understand why I said my original statement is "sort of" true but not really... ;)

In your instance however it seems whatever value was set for app.email.template.request.sendMessage no longer exists and because of it does not exist it is automatically replaced with: undefined.

EDIT: after a few tests it seems this (quote: automatically replaced with "undefined") is not true either, so all the below also becomes null... The value for the setting(s) is now "undefined" I have to find out how this happened...Need to have a more thorough look into this on Mon.

So are you aware of anyone deleting any templates? Possibly the template configured in app.email.template.request.sendMessage was deleted by somebody by mistake? I'm afraid I can't tell what was the previous value for this setting... and is not the only "template" setting that has "undefined" value...

• 2 weeks later...

@Dan Munns something seriously not right with the templates/app settings in your instance... all the app settings for templates now point to an "undefined" template ?!? ... I know for a fact that at least for app.email.template.request.sendMessage we did set an existing template: RequestMessage... even for this app now is "undefined"... ?!?

I asked dev team to look into this ASAP !!!

EDIT: I have corrected the issue for the template used when sending emails from requests, so the formatting should be ok for this now, I will have to look and see if I can find out how this happened...

Hi @Victor

The template you have set as default is currently in use as a custom template and therefore when sending emails from the instance the text you type is stuffed in the middle of the template.

Now, I know (think) I didn't over write the template but I am thinking that if that was the template used to start with is may have caused the 'undefined' issue. 

Any chance of resetting the template back to sys default? 

EDIT: The text in green is what I send from the ticket, all other text is from the template set as default

InkedCapture_LI.jpg

23 minutes ago, Dan Munns said:

I think it was when the default template was changed. I am assuming that the ID of the template changed when it was saved and the instance was looking for a template which didn't exist.

I am not saying this is not what happened but I will say that this should not happen... you can change and update any template anytime without this causing an udefined value in the app setting... also I am quite certain that you haven't changed ALL the templates... (as I mentioned above ALL the template app settings in your instance have an undefined value...)