Automated Email Templates and Wiki Markup

samwoo

Hello,

Some Business Processes in Hornbill sends an email to relevant teams, containing the details of a ticket, such as the description.

A lot of tickets has Wiki-Markup in the description in order to make it readable to the user via the Service Manager. Using the Custom Fields is out of the question in some cases due to how much data is required against a ticket, which exceeds the amount of Custom Fields that are available.

In the following example, the answers to some of the questions from a New Starter Request will appear in the description of the request, where each part is highlighted bold in Wiki-Markup followed by the answer provided from the forms.

An email is then sent to the Business should the New Starter requires acess to an Application that we do not manage.The problem is that the description includes the Wiki Markup codes.

This is what the email looks like once it's sent.
5a60cb8c34beb_EmailFormatting.thumb.png.4489ec52d1ce8c55f24d24936d96acba.png

As you can see, some of the text in the body should be BOLD, as shown in the actual ticket.
5a60cd55d7bec_Requestdetails.png.cd0135b16b9dbe14146a967500041f07.png

Is it possible prior to the BPM sending an email, to automatically convert any Wiki Markup into actual formatting?

Thanks,

Samuel

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, TrevorKillick said:

@samwoo

The build was 2878 

This feature is an addition to the current email template modifiers described here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Email_Templates

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Hi @TrevorKillick,

That's perfect - I think I missed that, but thank you for pointing it out to me.

I will be giving this a go :)

Thanks,

Samuel

• Like 1

Hi @TrevorKillick,

I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet but is it at all possible to combine multiple modifiers?

Such as:
{{.H_description|empty|wiki}}

ALSO the Modifiers section on the Wiki contains some Typos I think. For the empty, html and wiki ones there are 3 right curly braces instead of 2.

{{.H_firstname|upper}} 
{{.h_firstname|lower}}

{{.h_firstname|empty}}}
{{.h_firstname|html}}}
{{.h_firstname|wiki}}} 

Thanks,

Samuel

• 1 month later...

Is it possible for other wiki-markup to be formatted in an email?

I am thinking along the lines of [ code ] and [ blockquote ].

I am assuming that the actual formatting we see in Hornbill for the above codes is not possible when sent into an email, but how about having it so it...

1. indents and italic the [ blockquote ]
  2. Puts the content of [ code ]  into a single cell table and with dark-grey border

Is this possible?

Samuel

• Like 1