How to populate multiple emails during BP from multiple custom forms?

lee mcdermott

Hi,

I have 2 custom forms on a progressive capture. So once logged I want to send 2 separate emails, each email will have details from each custom form.

The first email will send details using h_custom_a, b etc from custom form A, the second email will send details from custom form B. 

I have found that the second custom form must contain the h_custom_? after the last one (h_custom_?) used on the first form.

So in my example the first custom form uses 8 fields so h_custom_a through to h_custom_h.

The second form however has 12 fields so has to start at h_custom_i.

As the custom form fields only go to q I am unable to populate the 2nd email with all the fields from the 2nd custom form.

Hopefully that all makes sense?

I have tried adding the get request questions from the custom form as shown below then sending the email and then adding another get request questions for the 2nd form and sending that email. But this doesn't work, it does send both emails but still seems limited to coping with custom fields a-q only for the whole progressive capture rather than for each custom form.

So my question is how can I populate the 2nd email with all the fields from the custom form in my progressive capture.

thanks

lee

get request qu.JPG

@lee mcdermott do you need to store the answers in custom fields for both progressive capture forms? Are you storing the answers in custom fields just for the email purpose? If so, I don't see why we can't achieve this (both emails)...and you only need a set of custom fields... and you don't need to map them in ProCap... :) 

@Victor

Hi Victor,

Yes I am only storing the answers in custom fields so I can populate emails. This is how we had it setup originally to populate emails so I have always used this method as I was  not sure how else to do it?

So if there is another way that should be fine as long as I can get the answer into an email.

@lee mcdermott just to add to this, in the next Service Manager update the number of available custom fields has been increased to 30   As well as increasing the number of custom fields we have also made it possible through the forms designer (user app) to pick the type of field for the new fields (Text, Date/time, Integer) alongside the existing fixed fields.  

I'll let @Victor go through some config options with you which might help now and going forward.

Look out for the next update (due in the next 10 days) and the supporting wiki content for more info

Steve

2 hours ago, lee mcdermott said:

I have tried adding the get request questions from the custom form as shown below then sending the email and then adding another get request questions for the 2nd form and sending that email.

@lee mcdermott  you are on the right track here... what I have in mind is something along these lines: You have two custom forms in ProCap (let's say Form1 and Form2)

1. Have a Get Request Details node (we need the request ID)

2. Create a Get Progressive Capture Answers node

image.png

3. Create a Request Update : Custom Fields node. Edit the custom filed (let's say Custom A) and select the variable picker. It will show something like in the screenshot. Map the custom field to the desired answer (Form 1):

image.png

4. Continue to map a different custom field for each answer from Form 1 that needs to be in the first email.

5. Create the first email node. Make sure the template uses the same custom fields as configured in Step 3 and 4.

6. Create a Request Update : Custom Fields node. Edit the custom filed (let's say Custom A) and select the variable picker. Map the custom field to the desired answer (this time Form 2). 

7. Continue to map a different custom field for each answer from Form 2 that needs to be in the second email.

8. Create the second email node. Make sure the template uses the same custom fields as configured in Step 6 and 7.

Note: Once the first email is sent, you can overwrite the custom fields, you can reuse them, as they are only acting as temporary placeholders. So, for the second email, you can start again from Custom A...

@lee mcdermott

• to raise a support request with us (to investigate a possible issue) please use the web form located here: https://www.hornbill.com/support/. Type in your instance ID (you can find it in the URL) and your email address to access the option.
  • to raise a request to use your expert services credits (for general consultancy, I think this is what you mean by hours available) please go to our customer success portal: https://success.hornbill.com/hornbill/. Once you log in, navigate to "Expert Services" service and you will have a range of options available there. Your username is your email address. If you don't know the password you can reset it using "Forgot Password" option.