Remove sub-status on resolution

dwalby

Hi all,

Is there a way to remove sub-status on request resolution?

In our incident management process, the sub-status changes to 'In Progress' whilst under investigation, on resolution however the sub-status still remains. So it shows as 'Resolved'>'In Progress'

I've tried to add a 'Update Request>Status' node, with the sub-status blank (see image) but this seems to cause an error when resolving the request.

image.png.57a7e89055e218fcb474086476eec9ea.png

Thanks in advance

@dwalby

There was a fix in an early version of Service around build 1070-1074 which addressed this and is supposed to clear the sub-status.

I think the issue might be the way the option to change the sub-status is shown on the request form. When you view your resolved requests in the request list is the sub status set to 'in-Progress' or blank?

Cheers

Martyn

1 minute ago, Martyn Houghton said:

@dwalby

There was a fix in an early version of Service around build 1070-1074 which addressed this and is supposed to clear the sub-status.

I think the issue might be the way the option to change the sub-status is shown on the request form. When you view your resolved requests in the request list is the sub status set to 'in-Progress' or blank?

Cheers

Martyn

Yes, sub-status shows as 'In-Progress' in the request view

@dwalby

Just had a look out our workflows and where we set the status to resolved in the workflow itself we have the Sub-Status set Auto, but it sounds like you tried that originally. 

For most of our workflows, we set manual activity for the analyst to complete Resolution action on the request, but this is after the workflow has stopped the fixed timer when the customer confirms resolution.

If you set a request to resolved using the request actions at the top of the form, does the sub-status get cleared as you expect it too? i.e. is the BPM process not doing the same as User App process.

Cheers

Martyn

Ah, having reviewed my process again I have a 'Wait for request resolution' node, which obviously automatically updates the status to Resolved following the analyst entering something in the resolution section. Could this be why it's not automatically clearing the sub-status?

@dwalby

If you have added in the update status node (as in your original screenshot) but set the sub-status setting to "Auto" then it should still reset the sub-status even if the primary status hasn't changed, e.g. if you have already set to "resolved" manually and then this node is called setting status to "Resolved".  The only time it would not make any changes would be if the status and sub-status values are both unchanged.

Regards,

Dave.

@David Hall thanks - just to clarify, the 'Update Status' node I added in after the 'Wait for request resolution' node in attempt to remove the sub-status, but that seems to be producing an error.

Should the sub-status not automatically be removed once the 'Wait for request resolution' triggers after an analyst manually enters a resolution within the request? Currently, that's not what's happening.

@dwalby

The sub-status will only be updated from within the request if it is manually changed by the user, to make it more configurable (via BPM) there is no automatic updating or resetting of the sub-status when resolving/closing etc... this should be built into the BPM process as you have now attempted to do. 

Regarding the error, I have checked myself and if you include a node to update the sub-status with the settings shown in the attached screenshot then it shouldn't error and it should reset the sub-status. 

Let me know how you get on.

Regards,

Dave.

image.png

• Like 1