Email Routing rules => post to workspace?

Lyonel

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to post to a workspace directly when receiving an email, without going through logging a request and using a BPM?

image.thumb.png.acf2eecc305c8dedc6d3be005e307b98.png

Something like:

- Application: "Hornbill Collaboration"

- Operation: "Post to workspace"

- Workspace: XYZ

Or do I have to raise a new request with a specific BPM? If so, what is "Routing Rule Template" and where do you set it up?

image.thumb.png.325180cd8c317d022c92746474ab9332.png

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi @Lyonel

Thanks for your post.  The Service Manager Routing Rule templates are configured in the Administration portal under Hornbill Service Manager->Email->Routing Rule Templates

image.png

A video describing how the Routing Rule Templates work can be viewed here: https://www.hornbill.com/blogpost/email-routing-rule-templates/.  I'll add the video to the wiki documentation. 

I will also ask about the possibility of adding an operation for Hornbill Collaboration to create a post without having to raise a request.

Regards,

James

• 2 months later...

Hi @Lyonel,

The new operation for the Routing Rule is done and should be in the 2nd platform build. 

When you get this, you need to select in Application: Hornbill Collaboration , operation: postToWorkspace and the Reference is the Workspace ID you can get it from the URL:

https://live.hornbill.com/YOUR_INSTANCE/workspaces/urn:buzz:activityStream:2181c9df-dc04-4764-8491-373c5eac8f30/

Enjoy ;-)

Daniel.

image.png

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

@Daniel Dekel I finally have time to implement this, but I am struggling to get it to work...  Here is my setup:

image.thumb.png.1cdc8acb51e5332b1000a1687e75fa3b.png

The email gets received in the mailbox, but nothing happens... Except for the email to be redirected to the folder Drafts.

Looking into the logs, I can see this:

image.thumb.png.7078aa4ed76f31bcbf57ccffc7e9b634.png

Am I doing something wrong?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...