Hornbill CSV Asset Import

samwoo

Hello,

We have come across some issues with the Hornbill CSV Asset Importer:

1. The latest version of the CSV Asset Importer doesn't have the .exe files in there. I had to use the previous version.
  2. The "Location Type" field we originally populated this with a value of "Physical" and it failed with an error. I found out that it should be " 0 " for Physical. When using this, it imports successfully but the "Location Type" field is left blank. Does this mean the "Location" needs to be populated as well?

We are othewise really impressed with how easy it is to use this tool - thank you.

Cheers,

Samuel

Hi @samwoo,

The latest release of the CSV importer (v1.1.0), released on 04/12/2017, does include the executables, and is accessible from here:

https://github.com/hornbill/goCSVAssetImport/releases/latest

With regards to the Location Type, I'll have a look and see what's going on there as this field should be independent from the Location field. I'll let you know when I've found what's causing this.

Kind regards,

Steve

Hi @Steve G,

Apologies I think i clicked on the wrong download link in the first place, and many thanks for looking into the Location Type issue that we had.

Many thanks,

Samuel

Hi @samwoo,

I've had a look at the CSV asset importer, and defined the h_location_type column to be populated using the locationType mapped column from a dummy CSV file, and the location type is populated correctly.

So from the config file:

image.png

And the CSV & resulting asset once the import has ran:

image.png

I've also tried hard-coding the h_location_type value in to the config JSON, but still the field is populated as expected:

image.png

So I'm not sure why your assets are not populated with the location type I'm afraid. If you want to PM me a snapshot of your CSV, and a copy of your import config, then I'll take a look and see if I can spot what's different for you.

Kind regards,

Steve