Start an SLA retrospectively

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

I think I already the very short, two letter answer to this but here goes!

Is there a way of retrospectively adding and starting an SLA to a request which, when logged, did NOT have an SLA attached to it? We've got a few tickets (about 60) for a particular new service which have been logged and which didn't have the 'start SLA timer' option included in the relevant BPM. Unfortunately we missed this tiny detail in the testing, and we now have all of these tickets with no SLA and we really don't want to have to relog them!

Any ideas please (apart from 'sort out your testing requirements next time')?

thanks

@Paul Alexander your very short answer is correct I'm afraid... if you really want the SLA on these requests then something can be done in the background, however, mind that the SLA timer will start and will tick from the moment is initiated not from the request log date and time... basically we could start the SLA retrospectively but we can't "backdate" the SLA start date/time...

Also... "we missed this tiny detail in the testing" ... tiny...  :P

Guest Paul Alexander

@Victor

Thanks for that. We're quite happy to have the SLA added without it being backdated.........how could we do that please?

They tell me that it's the little things in life which count.....as a vertically challenged person I'm hoping that's true. And yes, an SLA is such a small thing.......isn't it?! 

30 minutes ago, Paul Alexander said:

And yes, an SLA is such a small thing.......isn't it?! 

Of course, it is... <_< ... (no, not really) ... :P 

31 minutes ago, Paul Alexander said:

We're quite happy to have the SLA added without it being backdated.........how could we do that please?

Well... you can't... I mean not right now... :) Since it has to be done in the backend using APIs, I need to build something for this and send it to you so you can run it... you would need the list of the requests though. I'll try and get it done by the end of today if that's not too late.

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Victor

Don't worry about this now thanks.......we can get away with these tickets not having an SLA applied. If there was an easy fix then we'd go for it, but we are (I am) happy to hold our (my) hands up and say that we've (I've) messed up a bit. We've got it set so that new tickets work fine though, so it's all good going forward

thanks