Character Limit on PC forms

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Is there a way in the Prog Capt to default each field so that it contains a regex to limit the amount of characters depending on the field character limit in the db please?

We've got some BPM's where it seems as if, if the character limit is NOT set in the Prog Capt and that limit is exceeded, the BPM will either fail or it will just not work correctly. I DO try to add the regex validation in the PC forms when I remember, but if this could be set by default it would save me having to do it every time!

Hope that makes sense....

thanks

@Paul Alexander out of interest, what is the char limit on the PC forms? 

Considering this on our change forms as the description field can sometimes over run and cut the end off. 

Also I am assuming the same char limit exists when logging from email as I have seen emails with data removed which means having to 'View Email' to see all relevant info. 

Thanks 

Guest Paul Alexander

@Dan Munns

If I'm honest (and i normally am....) I don't know! The fields I tend to add the regex to are the custom fields and any fields on a PC form which don't normally get attributed to a 'named' field on the form. 

I thought that the character limit on the Subject field was 255 chars and that the description didn't have a limit? Maybe someone from Hornbill could help with this please?

8 minutes ago, Paul Alexander said:

character limit on the Subject field was 255 chars and that the description didn't have a limit

Correct. You can see such limits in the "Entity Viewer" (when using "Database Schema"). The entity viewer can be found in admin tool: Home -> Hornbill Service Manager -> Entity Viewer

37 minutes ago, Dan Munns said:

Considering this on our change forms as the description field can sometimes over run and cut the end off. 

Pics or it never happened!! :D ...  Jokes aside, if you can PM a screenshot of an example please? I just tried this and I don't see a character limit on the description (as I would have expected)...

39 minutes ago, Dan Munns said:

I am assuming the same char limit exists when logging from email as I have seen emails with data removed which means having to 'View Email' to see all relevant info. 

Logging from email might follow a different scenario (don't see why but could be). So, if you can send me some examples (PM) of the issue, I can have a look and see what's going on...

• Like 1