Response timer report

chrisnutt

Hi,

I have a question regarding the response timer and reporting on breaches.

First, the scenario. We define response by the automatic email that is generated to the customer when a request has been prioritised and assigned to an individual. A lot of requests get responded to by the Service Desk, however, in some circumstances, the Service Desk pass a request onto a specific, second line team straight away, or the business process for requests raised via the Service Portal assigns straight to the second line team. In both cases, that team may pass the call onto a third line support team before it gets assigned to an individual thus triggering the response email.

We are trying to track down where the response failures are happening. There should always be somebody in each of those teams checking for requests well within the Response target according to the director, but sadly there are failures somewhere. Our current report looks at what calls have breached and what team they are assigned to at a point in time (monthly) this, however, is making the third line team look bad as a lot of requests that breached response have ended up there despite them failing in the second line team.

How can I get a report (or advanced analytic) that tells me exactly where a request has failed response (or resolve for that matter)?

I have had a look at other forum posts and the wiki and I haven't been able to find anything. I also looked at the database, but couldn't see anything relevant.

I hope that makes sense - I am happy to expand/explain further.

Thanks

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have managed to figure this out myself. It was actually very simple (when you know how).

All you had to do was get the request details just before you stop the response timer and then start parallel processing. In the parallel processing, alongside stopping the clock simply have an automated task that updates a custom field with the assigned team from the get details. See attached, (moving from right to left). Then all that is required to get what I want is run a report of requests breaching response and look at the custom field.

I do have to say though, I was very disappointed with the lack of response from Hornbill on this query, especially as it turned out to be so simple.

Chris

responding team.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Paul Davis

@chrisnutt Thanks for your post, which I have just seen. I'm glad to see you've made progress on your query, albeit without assistance from the community this time around. As is the nature of Community Support, sometimes not everything gets an answer as quickly as is needed. We do try to answer as many questions as we can in as timely a fashion as we can, but sometimes things do get missed. If this is a problem we encourage customers to take a look at our enhanced Success Plans, which provide appropriate service levels and so a guaranteed and timely response (see the main page on our Wiki for details). Once again, apologies for the inconvenience on this occasion.

• 1 year later...