Viewing requests where the analyst is the customer

Keith

A lot of my analysts are struggling to view requests where they are the customer of the request. 

There is an expectation that they would see these in the "My Requests" view but this is not the case.

I'll hold of with what I advise them to do, but wondered where should they view these requests? What are others doing?

Regards

Keith

Hi @Keith,

Hope you're well.

You can achieve this via the Service Manager tab in Home > My Profile. This tab presents you with Requests that the Profile's user is the customer of (i.e. I can view Requests that I am a customer of. I can view Requests that a colleague is a customer of, by accessing their Profile via the Co-Workers menu). Bear in mind that you'll only see Requests that you're allowed to view.

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 11.12.33.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Thanks @Ehsan that is a useful way to see a specific customers requests. 

However, I can't help but think its a little counter intuitive for an analyst to have to navigate away from the request list to see what essentially looks like a filtered request list or equivalent. Wouldn't it make more sense for analysts to be able to see their requests in the request list?

Thanks

Keith

@Keith The purpose of the Service Manager tab is to provide the ability to view Requests that a colleague is the customer of. As well, a Profile provides other details such as Assets that they own, Workspaces that they're a member of, Achievements to date, personal preferences and etc - The type of information that is fitting of a Profile.

You can view Requests that you're the customer of via the Service Portal too but I do share your thoughts on navigating away - For this reason, the existing custom Views functionality can cater for this, where analysts can create a custom View to only shows Requests that they are the customer of.

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 11.59.40.png

I have saved it as My Home View for convenience too. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 11.54.52.png

Thanks @Ehsan,

This is way that I have previously advised analysts to do this. The only problem here is that each Analyst has to set up their own view. I just wondered if I was missing anything else.

Thanks for your support.

Keith