Board Request

JBasey

Hi All,

I'd really like to use boards to manage requests that are breaching SLA or about to breach SLA for our service desk team.

I cannot find any way of limiting what the board displays, so for example if i do an "add to board" node in our service request process, every SR is added regardless of which team owns it. 

It would really improve the use of the board for me if i could limit the view to be just requests sitting within specific teams.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

JAmes

@JBasey you may want to take a look at the SLA escalation actions.  You can have requests promoted onto a Breach board if the SLA escalations trigger.

image.png

In this example when i configure each escalation action i can choose the board it will get added to and which list on the board, this is looking at my pre-configured board.

image.png

If this works for you, what you might also want to consider is adding a remove from board node into your business process on closure of tickets so the board only shows you active / open tickets which are approaching breach or have breached rather than closed / resolved historic ones. 

Hope that helps

Steve

Thanks steve.  I have used the add to board/remove from board nodes in my BP's and used the SLA features to move requests through different swimlanes on a breach board.

What i really want to do is limit the view of the board to only show requests that are currently owned by a specific team or teams.  

For example in our ICT department we have 5 different operational IT teams covering network, infrastructure, service desk etc.  An incident will be raised in the same way via the portal or analyst for each of these teams.  Thus when i create an incident board i can see the incidents owned by all these teams, rather than just the team i manage.

Thanks

@JBasey i see.   

One other option we could look at is still a single breach board which contains those tickets in danger of breaching but with additional filters? to include teams?

Currently you can filter the content of a single board by only showing the tickets by ticket owner (as shown below), but if we looked at similar filters for say team, then whoever you have shared the board with would be able to filter the board by the breaking tickets owner by their teams - would this work?

image.png

I am not sure other approaches would work, as for example to have different boards for each team would result in the need for different SLA's for each team (to be able to add them to the right board), and logic in each business process to add them to the right board this way to.   Also this approach would not be flexible to handle the tickets being re-assigned between teams during resolution activity.

Let me know what you think about having additional filters on boards?  i can then see if we have anything like this in our development queue.

Steve