Auto-Chase Requests

dwalby

@Keith I see, I have the auto-close workflow in place and working already, although in my case they only get the resolution e-mail prompting them it'll close in 7 days if no response.

Like you say, what I'm looking for is slightly different. The scenario I'm referring to is when we're awaiting further information from a customer, or confirmation a fix has worked, whilst the request is still in an open status. Currently we're manually e-mailing the customer, then manually placing the request on-hold whilst awaiting their response. This can often mean requests are on-hold for long periods of time whilst we await an update from the customer.

I want to be able to place the call on hold pending their response, then send 3 chase e-mails before the call automatically resolves/closes. Rather than the analysts having to manually chase customers themselves.

@dwalby - You should be able to do this if your criteria in simply based around putting the request on-hold. BUT I suspect you use the on-hold status for multiple reasons, setting a sub status when you do so and unfortunately I don't think you can check the sub status using the Await status change. 

A possible solution (Assuming you automatically take the request off hold on a customer response) would be to use the Await Request Off-Hold option.