JIRA Integration to on-prem external facing instance

We have an on-prem Atlassian JIRA installation which is externally facing over https:. The current iBridge JIRA integration is based on Atlassian hosted service where you only specify the domain within their hosted environment, whereas we would want to later the endpoint to point URL as a whole to point to our on-prem installation.

Would it be possible to re-use the current JIRA integration but make it use a on-prem set of endpoints?

Cheers

Martyn

@Martyn Houghton

Its potentially possible but would be impossible for us to test and confirm its working.

Are the API's exactly the same for the on-prem version? 
What happens with regards to updates on the on-prem version is there a possiblity we update our integrations in the future to make any changes to JIRA cloud and then the on premise version would stop working?

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick 

@Martyn Houghton

I would be more concerned about versions of the on prem API Changing, the Cloud Rest API is versioned and we currently support V2. 

Here is an example of the integration we have for create issue using Rest 2 API.

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/1000.1568.0/#api/2/issue-createIssue

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

@Martyn Houghton

Sorry i don't we just spun up a free Trial in June and used that to base the integrations from, if they share the same API what we can easily do is add a KeySafe credential for On Prem Jira which would allow you to set the FQDN to an endpoint of your instance and from there you can try out the integrations and if needed we can look at separating them if there are any issues that would require changes to the integration. 

I am on leave tomorrow but back in the office tomorrow then off for the rest of the year, i will try and get the new KeySafe Credential type added tomorrow which will be instantly available and then you should be able to try them out in your own time.

Kind Regards

Trevor

@Martyn Houghton

So i have added a new KeySafe authentication type of Jira Authentication which differs to Jira Cloud Authentication as the endpoint expects a FQDN. What we then do is append /rest/api/latest/ to the end of the endpoint before calling an API, this is available on Live now along with a separate set of Jira iBridge methods for on Premise, they are an exact copy of the Jira Cloud methods just they point only at the endpoint URL.

As we are unable to rest Jira On Premise please post back any issues and we can take a look at them, also any suggested additions or changes to the integrations are more than welcome.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick