Last Updated By

Kelvin

Unfortunately this topic now includes several different ideas and requests regarding visibility of updates.  For new ideas that are different from the originating post, can a new post be created please?  It makes it a lot easier to track and it is also more helpful to other customers that are looking for ideas and solutions so that they don't have to search through loads of comments that might not be directly related to the original post.

I'm not sure where the +1 are referring to.  Different colours for customer vs analyst updates, last updated by column in request list, BPM variables for last updated by, more notifications for updates...    I'll go back to the originating post, which was to look at adding the last updated by field.  It would be a huge help if new topics could be created for any of the other ideas that are different from this.

There is a change in the backlog to add a last updated by field.  It isn't currently scheduled for development.  I'll review this change and post back here with any updated regarding this requirement.

Many thanks

James

• 4 months later...

As of Service Manager Build 1985 we have added a new column to the Request List called Last Updated By.  This can be added to your Request List using the column selector. We have also included some setting that will let you define some colours based on if the last update was done by a customer, an analyst, or if it was a system update.

• webapp.view.ITSM.serviceDesk.requests.list.lastUpdateByColor.coworker
The colour if the last update was a support person
  • webapp.view.ITSM.serviceDesk.requests.list.lastUpdateByColor.system
The colour if the last update was an automated update
  • webapp.view.ITSM.serviceDesk.requests.list.lastUpdateByColor.guest
The colour if the last update was done by the customer

We have also added a new condition for the Advanced Search and Views that lets you filter on the Last Updated By Type (Customer, Analyst, or System)

image.png

Hope that helps,

Regards,

James

• Like 1

Hi @James Ainsworth

I've tested the colour coding this morning and the webapp.view.ITSM.serviceDesk.requests.list.lastUpdateByColor.coworker  colour also seems to apply to our end users who are set up as basic users in our system.

This doesn't let me use the colour to distinguish between analysts and end users.

Also is this any reason why its just limited to Red, Amber and Green?

Regards,

Will.

• Like 1

Hi Will,

Thanks for your post.  We have identified some logic in the code where some of the differences between customer and analyst are not being respected. We are looking a this and hope to have an update for Monday.

No particular reason behind the colours. Just started with the basic traffic light colours.  We can always look to add more in the future. 

Regards,

James

• 2 weeks later...