Last Updated By

Kelvin

On 28/11/2017 at 2:25 AM, Kelvin said:

This would help me as a ticket owner see quickly if any calls have been updated by anyone other than me. 

Hi Kelvin,

I was wondering if you were aware of the colour scheme on the request list where some requests are yellow and others are white?  If you are viewing the request list, anything that is yellow has updates that have not been seen by the owner.  So if you have the My Requests option selected on the request list, anything yellow will be requests that have been updated by someone other than yourself and you have not viewed the request since the update.  

image.png

The benefit to this is over a column with the last person to update the request is that if I was to update your incident it would put me as the last person to update the request.  You look at the request, but make no changes so I'm still the last person to update your request, but then I add another update, it would still just have my name as the last person to update this.  How would you know that I provided a second update without opening the request?  We could then use the last updated field to help with this, but instead of watching who the last person was to update the request, you now have to also watch the last updated field and remember if the time is at a later time to that of my first update.

An added benefit to the yellow bar is for the person updating the request. If I added the update, I will see in my list that it is still yellow, which indicates that the owner has not seen my update yet. 

Regards,

James

• Thanks 1

@Kelvin If possible,  would you mind working with these yellow highlighted requests to get a feel if this helps you with knowing which requests have been updated and then provide your feedback.  I believe that this should also show when automated updates are applied as not all updates are done by a person.

Regards,

James

• Thanks 1

@James Ainsworth - is it possible to change the colours of the "unread" row? (if not can I request an enhancement)

Maybe pre-specify a list of colours that work with the theme.

The reason I am asking is that I've been telling people in my department about this and a lot of them are saying that they cannot see any yellow rows! :o

After trying to figure out why, I eventually came to the conclusion that all users have different contrast / brightness settings on all their monitors (laptop's and freestanding ones).

I did a test where on my laptop the yellow row is barely visible (i had to change the angle of the screen to see it), on my second monitor there is no yellow visible at all and on my third (slightly more advanced) monitor the yellow row is abundantly clear. 

Everyone is comfortable with their settings that most will likely be unwilling to change it for all their devices just to be able to view this yellow row.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Samuel

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, Victor said:

@samwoo just an FYI, there is a change in the backlog to implement a mechanism to alert and differentiate requests which have not received ongoing timely responses (i.e. different than current yellow background alert)

Hi @Victor

This is a great idea, something to look forward to. Are you able to share any more more details on how this works at this moment in time?

Thanks,

Samuel

@samwoo the mechanism is very simple currently, as you noticed when a request is updated, in the request list view, that request will have a yellow background. This until the owner opens the request. The background is reverted to white once the request was opened by the owner...

Following your post, we are now consid3ering to provide various other options to visually notify an analyst that one (or more) requests that he/she owns, was updated... I don't have any other details at the moment, I think this is still discussed internally...

• Like 1

Coming back to the original post by @Kelvin, it would still be useful to have a field holding the details of who last updated it, which can be used in the BPM or email variables.

This applies to both internal users and contacts, as with Organisation View on it is not always the owner of the request that updates it in the portal.

Cheers

Martyn

• 2 months later...
On 12/2/2017 at 5:06 AM, samwoo said:

is it possible to change the colours of the "unread" row? (if not can I request an enhancement)

Hi @samwoo

We have released a feature in the last update that lets you set/change the colour of the unread requests which by default is a light yellow.  This is done through a Service Manager application setting webapp.view.ITSM.serviceDesk.requests.list.unreadColour

image.png

I hope this helps.

Regards,

James

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

+1 for the original idea by Kelvin and for Alisha's idea

The main aspect that I require is to be able to know who last updated the ticket and if they were a user or a contact. Alisha's idea would be very good for a quick look to find out if a user or contact made the update and Kelvin's would be very helpful in a report to find out the number of tickets I've updated on a particular day

Many thanks,

Mojahid

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi @James Ainsworth @Victor,

Do you have any updates on this?

Being able to see, at a glance, who last updated a request would be very helpful (different colours for customer and analyst update), as well as another column for who actually updated the request.

The request owner won't necessarily be the analyst who last updated the call as there are lots of analysts supporting the same queue. For example, if a customer calls to update their request and a different analyst updates the request.

Many thanks,
Alisha

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

+1 

Would be SUPER helpful as

a) we always have people complaining they can't see the yellow (appreciate there are other colours we could change to, but they're all difficult to see depending on your screen settings)

b) we have large teams who dip in and out of workload, and if the supervisor clicks on an 'updated' job to see where they are in the process, the line then 'un-yellows' for the analyst working on it so they are then unaware of any updates

and so

c) the last updated column would enable the analyst to see that its been updated since they last checked without the need for a colour, potentially