Flowcodes in Request Summary Query

SJEaton

Hi

I know you can embed info from questions answers in a request summary by using a flowcode for example - &[global["flowcode"]["answer3"]] &[global["flowcode"]["answer4"]] but can you embed answers to 2 questions found on different custom forms in the ProCap?  

Sam

@SJEaton you would have to use two separate update nodes for the two different forms, one after the other but yes, as long as they are both set to append the text you can do that. 

EDIT: Infact I forgot about the 'Inject' option in the variable picker. So you can place the cursor where you want in the field you want to add the details to and click the variable picker button. Select the form and question you want and then select 'Inject' rather than 'Overwrite'. This will inject the flowcode into the field and leave the other text as is. 

@SJEaton

If you have a Requests > Get Request Information > Progressive Capture Answers node in front of the update node, then using the variable picker you will have access to pick any answers from any question on any progressive capture form.

When you are adding them into the same field, @Dan Munns is correct in that you need to use the Inject when adding a second or third variable rather than an Overwrite

When you are using the variable picker you can only add one variable at a time, but you can add as many as you like and from different forms.

image.png

Steve

Thanks @Steven Boardman and @Dan Munns, this works.  I am however concerned that by using the Requests > Get Request Information > Progressive Capture Answers node, the flowcodes you select from are under the ProCap names and if we create a new version of the ProCap at any point, the variable will fail as it will still be looking at the previous version of the ProCap.  I'll therefore have to think about if I think this is worthwhile.  Thanks

Sam 

• 2 weeks later...