Disability settings in hornbill

lee mcdermott

@Dan Munns

yeah the buttons to select update call, resolve, assign etc.

The issue in our case is he cannot use a mouse so cannot hover over them, they appear as links to him so he has to count along how many he thinks and hope this is the correct action he wants. So his question is, is there the ability to have text where the buttons are rather than a symbol?

Hi @lee mcdermott,

We've recently started making a review of or usability for people with disabilities. Is based on recommendations from  WCAG 2.0 https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/.

It is based on 3 levels and we would like to start with Level 1 compliance so your comments are very useful. 

We have plans to add a setting in the user profile that will allow loading a specific style for people with disabilities.

That would include colour changes to make it more clear and font sizes. I did not think about the buttons that do not have text, that that is a good idea too. I'll add it to the list.

If here is anything else that you this that person would need please let us know.

Thank you,

Daniel.

The issue in our case is he cannot use a mouse so cannot hover over them, they appear as links to him so he has to count along how many he thinks and hope this is the correct action he wants. So his question is, is there the ability to have text where the buttons are rather than a symbol?

I think you are talking about this section of the request details?
image.png

The problem here will be horizontal screen real estate, it would be good to understand the screen that your visually impaired user renders, would putting alt text behind these icons work?  Another option would be to make them wrap into more vertical space. 

Gerry

@Gerry  @Daniel Dekel

Hi,

Yes it is the icons Gerry mentions. I'm not sure the exact software he uses but he has some software that reads the screen and list the information. So in this case the icons above are displayed as a vertical list but they all just say "Link" so he has to guess which link is related to which icon.

He is managing and says everything else is fine for him. But yes his feed back is to have the ability to change the icons to actual text would work a lot better for him.

thanks

lee

We've made some changes to the way we display tool tips in this area so they should be more friendly for your colleague from our next update :)