First Time Fix

dwalby

Hi all,

We're in the process of migrating from Supportworks to Service Manager, one thing I've noticed is there doesn't appear to be a way of flagging an incident with 'First Time Fix' which was a feature that existed in Supportworks. Is this something that needs to be configured?

Thanks in advance 

You could set up a substatus of first time fix I suppose.

The analyst could set the substatus to FTF before resolving the ticket and then you could report on  the amount of tickets with the substatus. 

Or you could create a first time fix service for the analysts to use (which we have done). The analysts here tend to resolve the issue then log it if it is a FTF (I know, I know) so that works ok (even if it does make me sad) 

Guest NadeemMazhar

Hi @dwalby ,

A first-time fix is when a call which is in a resolved state is not reopened at any point.

You can create a custom view in the Request List which can show a list of requests which has met criteria for the first-time fix. We simply enter a value where it states that the reopen count is 0, which means it has never been reopened. Please see my screenshot below for the configuration options. You can add further conditions if you wish such as date ranges and status of the request.

firsttime1.jpg

Hope that helps

Kind regards

Nadeem

We do have a change in our backlog which will provide a more formal approach to tracking first time fixes.  The idea being that you will be able to set some criteria against what you think a first time fix is.  This might be resolving a request with the first contact and not re-assigning to another user or team.  It might be resolving within X amount of time.  Or maybe providing a way of resolving a request while still in Progressive Capture.  Or a combination of the above.

This change is not currently scheduled with our development team but we will keep reviewing the change and update this post as it progresses.  

Regards,

James

• 1 year later...

The latest update to Service Manager (build 1483) includes a new BPM operation that allows you to capture if a request meets selected First Time Fix (FTF) criteria.  

image.png

This BPM operation should be placed within your BPM workflow at a point after the request has been resolved.   

The criteria that can be set include

• No Team Reassignments
  • No Owner Reassignments
  • No On-hold Time
  • Max Open Time

A flag will be set against the request to indicate that it had met the First Time Fix criteria that you set.  Additional documentation can be found here under the title First Time Fix.  Reports can then be generated using this FTF flag.  We will be looking to introduce some reports that will be delivered as part of the Service Manager reporting.

Regards,

James

Hi @m.vandun

Thanks for your post.  

I believe that this is already set in the code to automatically remove the FTF flag if a request is reopened.  There is no configurable option to set this, it will just happen when the status changes.  Let us know if you find that the FTF flag is not being reset after a request is re-opened.

Regards,

James