SLA - Escalation Actions - Increase Priority by 1

Martyn Houghton

Could I ask for some clarification around the Service Level Agreement escalation actions, in particular, the 'Increase Priority by 1'. How does it know what is the next priority to escalate it too as there is no direct linkage between what priorities apply to what service level agreement? Also, priority is no longer the only factor in terms of the SLA rules, so is this just updating the priority field alone?

image.png.547ce7d14a4bf9c3dc0ec2360a03869d.png

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @Martyn Houghton

Currently the increase Priority by 1 will as you suggest just update the priority value on the request record based on the order of the priorities in the priority list.  We have an existing change in our backlog (CH00142342) which would look to automatically reassess/reapply the SLM rules that are configured whenever you change the priority/customer/site etc on a request which I guess is what you are looking for?

I will add your interest to that change.

Kind Regards,

Dave.

@David Hall

Our issue will be that we have multiple different 'sets' of priorities which relate to different Service Desks and Service Level Agreements within the system. Just increasing the priority up one in the list could select a priority that does not apply to the Service Desk/Service Level in questions. I think this would need to take into the account the other proposed change mention in the post below by James.

In terms of re-trigger the SLM rules this would need to be configurable on an action by action basis, as for us we would not normally not want to re-trigger the SLM rules, but I can see where some people would. We used to increase the urgency of these types of cases in the SupportWorks by increasing the 'condition' field, but it might be worth looking at increasing the 'Urgency' field once the Impact/Urgency changes are implemented.

Cheers

Martyn