Can't View Requests for certain teams

SJEaton

Hi

I have views set up for some of my teams but all of a sudden I can't view all requests received for these teams if I select these views.  Ive attached an example of the parameters and what I can see.  I know for a fact there are about 14 other requests logged for these 3 teams so don't know why they aren't showing.  I can see them if I search the teams individually (see third attachment example) so why won't they show on the 'view' I've created?

Sam  

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

22 minutes ago, SJEaton said:

so why won't they show on the 'view' I've created?

@SJEaton services... the other main visibility factor... 

try and add another criterion.. like service not equal with "a random" service, not related to any service on these requests, perhaps a test service. Then have a look if those "missing" requests are returned in the results...

@SJEaton right, I thought something like this might do the trick ;)

So, just to make things a bit more clear,  and explain why this worked and why it might look "weird" ( :P ) when creating custom views, if your criteria does not include teams or service, Hornbill will apply the default visibility restrictions as per your current service configuration: 

• if your custom view does not have a team criterion, the view results will be automatically filtered to exclude requests raised against a team of which the user is not a member of. 
  • if your custom view does not have service criterion, the view results will be automatically filtered to exclude requests raised against services which the user's teams are not supporting; 

These filters are applied by default in addition to whatever criteria is specified in the custom view, of course, this is if the conditions are met (i.e. custom view does not have a team criteria and/or custom view does not have service criteria)

@Victor

Just to clarify your last post, does the selection have to include both a service and team selection criteria to disable the context-sensitive conditions being applied behind the scenes? If this is the case in Sam's example her original view would have satisfied point 1 and not applied the team background filter but would have applied the second background filter of services that Sam is a member of a supporting team for. However would Sam not have to be a member of the supporting team to see the requests anyway?

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @Victor

Just getting back to you on this. I tried to set up another view this morning and had a Team as the only criterion but it didn't pull through everything so once again I had to put a random criterion in there just to make it work.  Surely this shouldn't need to be done?   I never used to have to do this so its something that's cropped up in the past few days. 

Sam

@Martyn Houghton

On 21/11/2017 at 7:41 AM, Martyn Houghton said:

does the selection have to include both a service and team selection criteria to disable the context-sensitive conditions being applied behind the scenes?

Yes

If this is the case in Sam's example her original view would have satisfied point 1 and not applied the team background filter but would have applied the second background filter of services that Sam is a member of a supporting team for.

Yes

However would Sam not have to be a member of the supporting team to see the requests anyway?

Depends... for "regular" users, yes, but a user can have "service Desk Admin" role which bypasses the visibility restrictions on team/service...

@SJEaton I had a look at the requests examples you sent me and the reason why you don't see all the requests when using only team filter is because some requests (the ones that are not visible) are associated to a service which no longer exists... So. because the service no longer exists, the service criterion applied in the background will exclude those requests... as soon as you put a service criterion, the default service filtering no longer applies and the other requests are returned as a result...