Email Formatting Glitches

Giuseppe Iannacone

Hi @Giuseppe Iannacone,

The email client is not re-setting any font or line breaks, it displays what is sent. What can be happening here is that the original email does not have formatting and in that case each email client interprets and renders as its defaults. The same will happen in Outlook or Gmail.

We have a default font that is used when you compose an email. You can set it in the Admin Tool if you have rights or you need to request the administrator. Is in Home > System > Settings > Advanced and look for the key "mail.client.defaultFont".

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Daniel.

59 minutes ago, Daniel Dekel said:

The email client is not re-setting any font or line breaks, it displays what is sent. What can be happening here is that the original email does not have formatting and in that case each email client interprets and renders as its defaults. The same will happen in Outlook or Gmail.

@Daniel Dekel it's not clear to me what you mean for. most of our user are using the Outlook client and body message is in HTML format. So what we can do to have the same look in hornbill side? do we have to add a formatting style in our body or?!? is there something we can change on the hornbill side?

1 hour ago, Daniel Dekel said:

We have a default font that is used when you compose an email. You can set it in the Admin Tool if you have rights or you need to request the administrator. Is in Home > System > Settings > Advanced and look for the key "mail.client.defaultFont".

@Daniel Dekel is there a setting for the font size and colours?

Hi @Giuseppe Iannacone,

I've been looking especially at the Outlook formatting and there is a known issue with Outlook as from version 2007. They add extra line breaks for every written line. Outlook will just not display the extra lines because is their code, but the other email clients will display these.

I'm not sure what can be done in this matter as this is  the original message.

I suggest looking at Outlook documentation to see how can these extra lines can be removed when composing an email.

We do not have any default setting for colour nor size for composing an email. However, as a workaround, you can create an email template that will include all the formatting you want including your signature and that will be used when you compose a new email.

Regards,

Daniel.