Delete a post on a workspace

Giuseppe Iannacone

Hi @Giuseppe Iannacone

It is not possible to delete a workspace post, but it can be archived so it is removed from the activity stream and prevents any further comments being added to the post. It will be visbile to anybody with the rights to see that workspace if they choose to look at the content by clicking show post, but by default the post is then hidden.

There is more information available here:  https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Activity_Stream_Posts

Thanks

Conor

Hi @Giuseppe Iannacone

I've been off on annual leave for a couple of days so apologies for the delay. I have also found out that this particular feature is actually still being tested. It can be turned on in your instance but it still has an experimental flag next to it, so it will hide the post in a workspace in the client but not the mobile at the moment. The person that archives the post must also be the poster of the original post, and there is another function of being able to lock the post as part of this setting.

The setting is experimental.feature.activityStream.enableChangePostStatus, and this can be found in the admin portal under system-> settings-> advanced settings.

I hope this helps, but as I mentioned just bear in mind that it is currently an experimental feature while it is being tested.

Thanks

Conor

On 11/21/2017 at 11:45 AM, conorh said:

Hi @Giuseppe Iannacone

I've been off on annual leave for a couple of days so apologies for the delay. I have also found out that this particular feature is actually still being tested. It can be turned on in your instance but it still has an experimental flag next to it, so it will hide the post in a workspace in the client but not the mobile at the moment. The person that archives the post must also be the poster of the original post, and there is another function of being able to lock the post as part of this setting.

The setting is experimental.feature.activityStream.enableChangePostStatus, and this can be found in the admin portal under system-> settings-> advanced settings.

I hope this helps, but as I mentioned just bear in mind that it is currently an experimental feature while it is being tested.

Thanks

Conor

@conorh thank you for replying, when this will be released in the production environment? if there's an extimated time?

@Giuseppe Iannacone

7 hours ago, Giuseppe Iannacone said:

when this will be released in the production environment? if there's an extimated time?

This setting exists in live instances (production environments). The term "experimental" means exactly this: It is experimental, sort of like like "beta" if you like whereby the functionality exists but it might not be fully functional or fully without issues... also it does not guarantee it will become a permanent option in live environments... 

image.png