Encouraging Customer Feedback

SJEaton

Hi

Despite high volumes of requests being processed, we aren't getting much customer feedback which is a shame.  I know we can set the number of days the feedback is available for and currently have this at 30 days but I was wondering if there was a way of sending a reminder to the customer to provide feedback or a way of prompting them in some way?

Sam   

Hi @SJEaton

There isn't currently an option to send reminders.

When your requests are closed, are you including the link to provide the feedback in your confirmation emails to the customers? if so have you considered simple things like masking the link back to the survey behind a more presentable icon or like? Using the email template you can make this nice and obvious there is a feedback option, and the URL which sits behind the image will take them straight into the service portal, and into the request where the feedback is requested?

image.png

With the URL behind the icon being something like this:  https://service.hornbill.com/<insertinstancehere>/servicemanager/request/view/{{.H_pk_reference}}

Steve

@SJEaton another consumer type trick is to offer an incentive for the feedback in that initial email. It is obvious from your perspective what the benefit to the feedback is, but a lot of the time the customer may need some encouragement to answer the What's in it for me question, so anything you can provide as an incentive may help.

I appreciate in organisations and especially the public sector,  this can be tricky but hopefully what the organisation is shooting for here some business goals / efficiencies by improving your service, how's it's delivered and identifying where further improvements can still be made and as such maybe there is justification for some small budget for prize draws etc which each feedback entry could be entered into, i do appreciate this is not always possible but i always try and think like the customer and ask why would they provide the feedback, and hopefully the efficiency gains made from the increased feedback would more than offset any initial small cost. 

One thing we do here at Hornbill is have employee of the quarter, year awards and part of the prizes include things like extra days annual leave so it doesn't need to be the cliche TV etc, there are creative awards which are equally attractive to users but again i do appreciate this is not always straight forward for organisations to offer. 

Steve

• 1 month later...

Hi

On our e mail template we are using the link

https://service.hornbill.com/<insertinstancehere>/servicemanager/request/view/{{.H_pk_reference}}/

which brings back the link

https://service.hornbill.com/<insertinstancehere>/servicemanager/request/view/IN00010296/

When we click on the Link it opens up the Portal, but does not go into the individual call and the

The URL reverts back to :

https://service.hornbill.com/<insertinstancehere>/servicemanager/

Is there an additional step which we have not followed

Many Thanks

On 13/11/2017 at 12:10 PM, SJEaton said:

Hi

Despite high volumes of requests being processed, we aren't getting much customer feedback which is a shame.  I know we can set the number of days the feedback is available for and currently have this at 30 days but I was wondering if there was a way of sending a reminder to the customer to provide feedback or a way of prompting them in some way?

Sam   

Cookies. It's the only incentive that works.

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

We're currently in the process of designing a performance metric for customer satisfaction, so utilizing the Customer Feedback feature seems an obvious place to start. I understand that currently customers can provide feedback by going to the self-service portal, but is it possible to implement the capability to submit feedback directly from the resolution e-mail?

I've seen this with 3rd party support teams I liaise with, see example below from Mimecast:

image.thumb.png.e93e7d9aaebb75d9d919c75fbbe8a2f9.png

@SJEaton did you have much success enhancing your e-mail templates and encouraging customer feedback?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dwalby said:

We're currently in the process of designing a performance metric for customer satisfaction, so utilizing the Customer Feedback feature seems an obvious place to start. I understand that currently customers can provide feedback by going to the self-service portal, but is it possible to implement the capability to submit feedback directly from the resolution e-mail?

I've seen this with 3rd party support teams I liaise with, see example below from Mimecast:

image.thumb.png.e93e7d9aaebb75d9d919c75fbbe8a2f9.png

@SJEaton did you have much success enhancing your e-mail templates and encouraging customer feedback?

I agree that something like this would be beneficial. Even with incentives and carrot dangling, if it's easy to do, people are more likely to do it :)

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Hi @SJEaton

You should be able to add an image to an email template using the image option on the toolbar in the email template.

Clicking on image shows this

Image info:

URL is the image URL not the destination URL

Adjust the height and width as needed.

Link:

URL is the destination url i.e - https://service.hornbill.com/<instancenamehere>/servicemanager/request/view/{{.H_pk_reference}} 

Target set this to new window or your preference

image.png

No other movement or development on feedback buttons i'm afraid

Funnily enough, I came back here to see if there had been any further development on this. I think it'd be a massive improvement if the customer could click on their desired rating directly from the e-mail to submit it, similar to the below. Is there any possibility of this as a future enhancement?

satisfaction+scale.png

confirmation.png

20 hours ago, SJEaton said:

Or any more development on something like this??!

Sam

• Like 1

Guest Paul Alexander

+1 for this option......any mechanism which means that users COULD just do a one-click feedback response in an email would be great.

thanks

An option we are looking at it providing a variable which you could inject into your resolution email templates which would allow the presentation of the star rating from the customer feedback and allow customers to select the star rating as a quick feedback exercise - would this work?

image.png

Note -  the number of available stars would be read from the app setting on your instance.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @HGrigsby it should be and it seems to work for me.

There are two translations strings to consider here 

One for the service portal (internal customers)

guest.com.hornbill.servicemanager.portals.servicePortal.home.requestView.details.resolve.pleaseRate

This one i have changed and you can see the output below 

image.png

The second is for the Customer Portal (external customers)

guest.com.hornbill.servicemanager.portals.portal.home.requestView.details.resolve.pleaseRate

There is only a very subtle difference in the translations strings .portals.serviceportal compared to .portals.portal for the customer portal

Could you check and let us know if you changed the appropriate one for your end users portal?

Steve

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...