Failed to update task

m.vandun

Hi,

We have a project active where our agents have tasks assigned. When changing the progress we get the following message. Tried changing the rights of the user Project manager and Project administrator but still get the same message. Also I've noticed the task is set on assigned, the agent does not have any options to activate the task.

image.png.7de93cd38b9aafb71309b9298ae0eceb.png

Kind Regards,

Hi Mark,

I'll take a look but what does it say in the server service logs? There are a number of ways that a task update can fail at the moment and we are not sending a detailed enough error message back to the user initiating the action. This is something that we hope to address in the next few updates.

Alex

Hi Alex,

I found these, are these related to the project update?

29514910:40:22 17-11-2017errorscripts25056nodeName: Task: TaskUpdate; nodeId: 246dc9dc-be25-43b7-a041-c3d14829d668; "EspMethodCall:invoke: Operation[task:taskUpdate2] You are not the owner of this task, you can not change the ownership"

29514810:40:22 17-11-2017errorcomms25056Operation[task:taskUpdate2] You are not the owner of this task, you can not change the ownership

29514710:40:22 17-11-2017errorcomms25056Operation[task:taskUpdate2] You are not the owner of this task, you can not change the ownership

29514610:40:22 17-11-2017errorperf25056task:taskUpdate2() Operation Invocation results: failure (389046272 B, 90 ms, -16 kB, 0 ms, 0 kB)

We also have this issue when task owner is trying to update. Unfortunately the person is not in the office at this moment so I cannot verify.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@m.vandun Just an update on this; the next Project Manager update will feature additional informative error messages regarding failed updates however the real problem unfortunately will not be solved just yet. Our dev team is working hard at the problem as it requires an underlying platform change to work correctly. Incidentally, the same problem exists in the Service Manager application so I would like to think we can fix this quickly as it is impacting multiple applications.

Alex

• 2 months later...
Guest Paul Alexander

Hi

We've just come across what seems to be a similar problem in Project Manager where a Project Admin has tried reassigning tasks but gets the error as shown above ("Failed to update the task")

is there an update on when the fix will be available please?

thanks