SSO Validate Certificate - using incorrect date

The Single Sign On (SSO) validate certificate appears to be using the wrong date when checking if the imported certificate is still valid.

We have had issues logging in hornbill this morning due to system triggering that the trust certificate is expired. However, exporting the certificate from Hornbill and viewing it in certificate viewing it has not yet expired; In our case 23rd November 2017 @ 07:36.

image.png.9f660184e2cb31cfc4c4b6183621244b.png

By temporarily disabling the validation users where then able to get in,  so therefore it seems the platform is expiring the certificate 15 days ahead of time. Is there a reason for this? 

Cheers
Martyn

If you have AutoCertificateRollover set to true on your ADFS it will generate a new certificate before the old one has expired and start using the new certificate a set period of time before the old certificate expires.
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/16156.ad-fs-2-0-understanding-autocertificaterollover-threshold-properties.aspx
I think this is why your old certificate became invalid before the expiry date as the ADFS server has automatically generated a new one and is using that instead. Please see the article below for more details
https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Single_Sign_On_Profiles#Common_Issues
Thanks
Trevor

• Like 1

@Gerry, @trevorharris

Thanks for the advice. It would be good to have a date field in the certificate section of the SSO screen to show when the certificate was loaded. Even better if we could also have one populated with the date fo the certificate expiry derived from the certificate.

I have refreshed my certificate now.

Cheers

Martyn