Breach Emails

yelyah.nodrog

Morning,

I had a few questions around Breached email templates and notifications.

At what point does the system send out a Breached template and how does it know who to send it too? I'm assuming it looks at the person/team that raised the call and finds out the managers of that person/team from the field: Home > System > Organisational Data > Users, then the about tab and the Manager field?

Capture.thumb.PNG.018155a31662a50d880dd8532ec81696.PNG

If this is the case we are finding that half these fields are incorrect and this is down to the system its pulling the information in from being incorrect.... Unfortunately at this tie this is not something we are looking to correct, so I wanted to know if there is any way to stop the breach notifications going out in this fashion.....we still want breach notification (templates) however we would like them to go to a set distribution group....

is this possible? if not is there a way to at least turn this feature off for now?

Hayley.

Hi @yelyah.nodrog

The manager lookup for breach notifications is indeed looking at the data that you have in your screenshot, however it will be looking for the manager of the current owner of the request, rather than of the person who raised the request.

Currently it is only possible to send the notification to the request owner, or the manager of the request owner, so if you do not wish to send the notification in this case as you suggest, then I would suggest within your targets just turning off the "Send Reminder" checkbox as per this screenshot and this will prevent notification emails from being generated.

Hope that helps,

Kind Regards,

Dave.

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Victor,

Thanks for getting back to me, unfortunately when I look in this option it only gives me the option to escalate to the owner or owners manager...

esc.png.fed961ba1c81f6348189c4bd838ee5bf.png

what we really need to a way to send this to a agreed distribution list, is there a way I can do this? I cant seem to see a option?

Hayley.

Can I please request it as a possible enhancement then?, as at the moment it is only emailing to a single person (the call owner) or the call owners manager, this really is creating a single point of failure, as if the manager isn't in, no one knows it has breached? 

20 minutes ago, yelyah.nodrog said:

Can I please request it as a possible enhancement then?, as at the moment it is only emailing to a single person (the call owner) or the call owners manager, this really is creating a single point of failure, as if the manager isn't in, no one knows it has breached? 

You should be able to easily create a breach board, that way anyone it's shared to can see what calls are breached. No need to go rummaging around in your emails and risking missing it.

• Like 1

@yelyah.nodrog we do have a change story for adding more email options but it is not currently scheduled. I have added you as an interested party to this, and as this progresses and is scheduled we will post back on this thread.

In the meantime as @DeadMeatGF suggests the breach boards are a great way via the escalation actions to have wider visibility of those tickets which are approaching, and ultimately have breached their targets.  The boards can be shared with a wider audience so hopefully gives you something to consider?

image.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

@David_Wilson @Martyn Houghton @DeadMeatGF @yelyah.nodrog Just a quick update to let you know in the next Service Manager update (due in the next couple of weeks) we have added a couple of additional email recipient options to the escalation - send reminder option

*  Team - All members of the defined team will receive an email reminder

*  Specified Recipients - Specify multiple email addresses to receive an email reminder 

image.png

Please keep an eye out for the release notes on the next update 

Steve

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

So I'm trying to use the new feature to send breached emails to specific users, however when I change it to this option and add the email template etc... then come out and go back in again, it completely clears out everything I have put in? there is no option to save so am just clicking close.

Am I missing something here?

this is just after I have put the new information in:
5a7affa7f326d_newinfo.PNG.044fe76f2ff7b02246a11f4480727bf6.PNG

This is after I have closed and gone back in to check:

reverts.PNG.327823dd272af8c3bf5bca330b1eb9a9.PNG

5a7b0004dbb20_revert1.PNG.9dbb30b4da359899b178cbc2926bbdb1.PNG

as you can see it has reverted back to what it was before I changed it. I cannot see a save button anywhere?