Home View not saving

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Hello

I have one analyst who can't seem to set his Home View up. He's tried changing the view to one that he wants, and then pressing the 'set current view as My Home' button, when he presses the 'home' icon he's taken to a resolved call.

I can't see where these settings are kept, so could someone point me in the right direction please? 

BTW I've tried deleting the browsing history etc in Chrome but this hasn't made any difference

thanks

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @ArmandoDM

this is only one user....everyone else can do what they need to do, so I'm thinking it's a problem with his browser. It doesn't matter what he changes the Home View to, it always defaults to this one call. There are no errors when he presses the 'set current view....' button.

Sorry it's a bit vague....

Guest Paul Alexander

No, he's just using Chrome, the same as everyone else in the department. 

I can't replicate the issue on my computer, and nobody else seems to have a problem....just this one person.

Guest Paul Alexander

@ArmandoDM

I've checked the setting in the users' session for "webapp.view.ITSM.serviceDesk.requests.list.view.default" and it is exactly the same as mine.

All he's trying to set up is a view of HIS calls (so he has a filter of Open Requests where the owner is him)

Interestingly (possibly).....if he clicks the 'blue box' beside the Hornbill logo in the top left hand corner, then selects Service Manager, the Request List DOES then filter correctly. However, if he clicks either the Home View button or the Hornbill logo it takes him to this one call (which is NOT what he wants)

Hope that makes sense!

Again though, this is just on HIS session...nobody else is experiencing the problem

Edited by Paul Alexander
Update

@Paul Alexander

the setting "webapp.view.ITSM.serviceDesk.requests.list.view.default" is the same for everyone, as its the default view if you have no saved any home view.

It will be updated for the specific user when he saves his own Home view.

Let me investigate further as to what might cause this issue  , ONLY for ONE user.

@Paul Alexander think I found what is going on :)

Your user is trying to set up a request list view, with open requests where he is the owner. I assume he has a custom "View" configured for this:

image.png

To set up this custom view as Home view, open the custom filter then use "Set Current View as My Home":

image.png

From now on, every time you open the requests list the user will be defaulted to this view. This is how this should be configured...

There is another default view in Hornbill which is the application default view, which is the one your user actually configured:

image.png

Your affected user set this while having the request open so now, every time he logs into Hornbill, it defaults to that request. Simply change the "default view" to something else, like "Request List" (open request list then click on "Make this my default view"). Once this done every time he logs into hornbill it will default to requests list...

So, it seems there was a mixup of these:

A. Application (or Hornbill) default view  - set in user profile;
B. Request List default view - set using the steps described above.

Guest Paul Alexander

Thanks @Victor and @ArmandoDM

I didn't realise there was an Application default view! Funnily enough, neither did the user who had this problem so I'm guessing he hit this accidentally somehow.

All sorted now though, so once again thank you for you time and patience ;)