Email Notifications for Teams not working

Harry

@Harry analyst (email) notifications for updates made by customer on the customer portal will be sent using "live.hornbill.com" and will have the from address as "no-reply@live.hornbill.com". This is not something that can be configured anywhere at the moment, it is hard coded.

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

Customer still not getting notification from anywhere.

Sorry, I was thinking we are talking about analyst notifications?

@Harry sorry, I am still confused, so backtracking our conversation:

You mentioned this: "When a customer sends an update on a ticket, I don't get any notification in the top right corner or email notifications.". You confirmed the update is made by customer via customer portal. In this case, this how this works: "analyst (email) notifications for updates made by customer on the customer portal will be sent using "live.hornbill.com" and will have the from address as "no-reply@live.hornbill.com". This is not something that can be configured anywhere at the moment, it is hard coded."

So you need to enable the setting(s) I mentioned before plus have the "live.hornbill.com" outbound route configured in your instance.

Hi Victor,

Sorry for the confusion, the noreply@c*****.com is working now for analyst thank you.

I am not using live.hornbill.com. But I enabled it anyway.

Is the customer supposed to get anything if the analyst updates via portal or do they have to use the envelope?

Kind regards

Harry

@Harry

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

I am not using live.hornbill.com. But I enabled it anyway.

The "live.hornbill.com" outgoing route in your instance is used exclusively to send out these notifications. It won't be used for anything else.

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Is the customer supposed to get anything if the analyst updates via portal or do they have to use the envelope?

The analystneeds to use the email action (the "envelope") on the request in order for the customer to get an email

17 minutes ago, Victor said:

@Harry

The "live.hornbill.com" outgoing route in your instance is used exclusively to send out these notifications. It won't be used for anything else.

So how comes I received successfully getting emails from noreply@c*****.com?

19 minutes ago, Victor said:

@Harry

The analystneeds to use the email action (the "envelope") on the request in order for the customer to get an email

Thanks for the clarification.

@Harry apologies, I actually forgot about an application setting which actually sets the email domain for these notifications. This was a sort of recent addition to allow our customers to specify their own domain for such notifications... completely forgot about this...

image.png

By default, this email domain in this setting is "live.hornbill.com". But since your setting has a different domain the notifications will be generated from "noreply@c*****.com"